10.09.2008

T.I.L.T. Things I've Learned Thursday XIX

Things I've Learned Thursday falls on Thursday for the sake of an acronym as much as anything else, but really every day brings us lessons, big or small, if we just stop to see them.

* The new KITT also has a submarine mode, at this point qualifying him as a quadruple changer. I'm waiting for the episode where they flat out reveal him to be empathic, the technological equivalent of a Peter Petrelli.

* Speaking of Heroes, the commercials for next week's episode have taught me to avoid commercials if I don't want the plot spoiled and spelled out for me. Oh TV, not all of us have short attention spans.

* Did you know that a missile five seconds away from impact with a nuclear facility will actually slow down long enough for people inside a car with an artificial intelligence to figure out how to deflect it, and that the countdown will resume where it left off prior to the dialogue in which they arrive at such a solution? Did you know that a show can be so bad that I watch it even more, to see if it can get worse?

* On the good show front, Chi McBride just rocks. I started to learn this years ago during his stint on The John Larroquette Show, learned it in full during Boston Public, and am now reminded each week by Pushing Daisies.

* I watch so much television that I might never leave the house if I had more than 7 channels, give or take UHF.

* Without firm deadlines, some people will never, ever make a decision. Even then, some people will adjust deadlines as needed to make more changes.

* As a pedestrian, I take dangerous pleasure in forcing people to make full stops at stop signs. I don't make eye contact, but I can feel the glare. One day I'll probably feel a bumper because the driver is on a cell phone.

* If you make a habit of giving people your full attention when they talk to you, they may make a habit of stealing your time even when your attention is clearly divided by the work on your monitor.

* As hard is it is for single people to connect, I've now been hearing radio commercials for Ashley Madison, which is apparently a dating service for people who are already married or in a relationship and want to cheat. This world is seriously screwed up.

* ”Water cleanses, you know. Washes dirt away; makes new.”

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"screwed up", lol

10/09/2008 6:06 AM  
Blogger Lyndon said...

I'm sorry, did you just say the new KITT has a submarine mode. This show is giving new meaning to jump the shark.

To think, I thought it was lame, when it changed into a pickup truck.

10/09/2008 4:48 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Dude. He gets hit with a super-fake CGI missile and disappears. When we come back from commercial, Mike and the techie chick are hovering underwater since the missle blew them off a cliff and into the ocean. KITT's wheels are retracted and he's just kind of biding his time under there. I figure we'll see a helicopter mode next week, and by the following week they'll say screw it and go all-out Autobot.

10/09/2008 10:55 PM  
Blogger cube said...

I watch too much television too, but I haven't gotten into the new Knight Rider show. Fringe & Sanctuary are the only new series I'm following right now.

10/10/2008 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home