9.29.2008

Phantasmic Links 9.29.08

A funny thing happened in Burger King on Saturday night. A woman ahead of me struggled to place an order, while her bratty preteen son kept getting in her face. “Maa..ma...what're ya getting? Don't get that! No...Maaaa...!” On the other side of her, his friend tried to reason with him and quiet him down while she tried to tune them both out and the cashier looked mildly amused. When the entitled little twerp said, “If you get me chicken I'm gonna throw it on the floor!” the woman looked at him as if slapped, then turned and walked away from the counter. “Maaaa! WHY YOU SUCH A B*TCH, MA? MA!!! Don't be a D*CK!!” But she was already out the door. “F*** her,” said the punk to his friend, “We'll go eat at my house.” By “his” house I could only assume he lived with his father or something, since there aren't many 13 or 14-year-old's with their own place. I nearly applauded when the lady refused to buy food for the little ingrate, and it took quite a bit of effort to hold my tongue and yell, “That's how you talk to your mother?” There is something seriously wrong with kids today. When I got back home with the food, I began the tale for my parents with, “So you though I was bad when I was a kid...”

I still can't believe the kid behaved and spoke like that, though. I can't believe another weekend has come and gone. And I can't believe some of this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Click Myclofigia and get our city to #1! Pretty please?

(2) PETA urges Ben & Jerry to substitute human milk for cow's milk in their ice cream. Upon hearing this story earlier this week, Opie and Anthony actually had some people in the studio test some ice cream made from human breast milk. Everyone agreed that initially it tasted the same, before reporting a “sweaty” aftertaste. Yeah, I'm not sure it's a great idea...
Hat Tip: Darrell.

(3) Have you tagged up a wall yet for B13's Project Graffiti? No, my psychotic little friend isn't encouraging folks to deface actual walls, but is offering a clever digital alternative with a blank canvas begging to be painted over. Here's my contribution:



(4) Joshua Allen Harris brings characters to life using only garbage bags, tape, and New York subway steam grates.

(5) Z-Rox challenges your brain to make sense of a series of horizontal dashes and translate them into numbers, letters, words, symbols, and more! I got bored around level 21, but I'll definitely be back to play this one through.

(6) Every song could use More Cowbell.

(7) Blow up bubbles and build up your Bubble Tank.

(8) Finally, Saw crosses over with Wallace and Gromit. You know you've been waiting for that to happen...
H.T.: Darrell.

(9) Behold The World's Largest Wargaming Table.
H.T.: Curt.

(10) Got a robot problem? Weapons Against Robots can help...
H.T.: Rey.

(11) Is Stan voting for Will Smith as the next Captain America? Is there anyone on this planet the “news” doesn't quote out of context?

(12) Help U.F.O. Joe navigate through 15 levels and abduct 48 creatures!


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Carletta said...

Hi,
I came over from B13's to checkout your graffiti - it's great!
Enjoyed the story about the mother who walked out on buying food to unthankful kid. I would have wanted to shout something too and would have cheered her when she walked away!

9/29/2008 1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome graffitti!!

9/29/2008 1:06 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

We need a real wall to get that on ;)

9/30/2008 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home