10.03.2008

Cloakfest 2K8

As usual, time has slipped away from me. A lot has happened over the course of 2008, and while the year isn't yet over, we are approaching October 13th. Why should that be important? It marks the date of my first post here at The Nexus, and as of that date this year I will have posted something every day for four years. I'm still young enough that four years seems like a long time, like high school or college, but I'm old enough for that amount of time not to feel long at all.

In any case, it's time already for another....

CLOAKFEST!



Wow.

CLOAKFEST celebrates my anniversary over the course of a few days, including my October 13th anniversary date as well as a Wednesday, which I'll explain below.

1) Monday, October 13th: Of course I'll be looking for you to share interesting Phantasmic Links as with any other Monday, and you can send those to me at MCFSPU@hotmail.com as always. But this is my actual anniversary date, so we'll need something special.

So, along with those great links, send me your idea of a great or unusual superpower. Granted, there may not be an ability imaginable that hasn't been done before. Flight. Speed. Weather manipulation. Telepathy. But I'm sure you creative folks can come up with something unique and offbeat. Along with your links, I'll include this list of abilities. Readers can vote on their favorites, ultimately forcing me to do something a lot harder than posting links: draw. It will be good exercise for me and, since I'm sadly out of practice, probably embarrassing and funny at the same time. I'll need time to render as well as gain votes, so it will be at least a week before our wacky creation appears. Oh, did I mention that I’d be drawing you wielding the power you suggested? Think of the immortality!

2) Tuesday, October 14th: Just as The Essential MCF 2K6-2K7 provided summaries and highlights of my third year, so too will The Essential MCF 2K7-2K8 cover my fourth. This is always the most challenging task for me each year, and given the busy weekend of parades preceding this year's festivities, I should probably start compiling sooner rather than later.

3) Wednesday, October 15th: A revealing Photo Blog Wednesday is an annual tradition. Will I ever show the real me? I can think of at least one important piece I haven't shown yet, and you'll have to tune in to find out what that might be...


I can't believe this is going down in a little over a week! I should have mentioned it sooner, but I know it will all come together as always. Start thinking about your powers, and spread the word!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

How about the power of common sense? With a fish-eye glance you can get anyone around you to immediately have more sense than a doorknob.

Oh, how life would be so much easier on a daily basis.

10/03/2008 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home