2.02.2006

Bests & Myclofigs

Best-posts-large-static

First and foremost, congratulations are in order! By clicking the banner above, you can see that Mister Snitch has finally compiled the Best Posts of 2005. It was definitely a daunting task that took them over a month to organize, and something they're even looking in to publishing as a book! As for the aforementioned “congratulations”, I'm happy to report that FOUR bloggers from my blogroll made the cut! You can click over to the compilation to see what they had to say about you, but I'll include those finalists here for your convenience:

Funny business:
Darrell

Essays and other 'first-person' writing:
FawnDoo

Janet

Rhodester

If you see anyone else we know over there that I missed, let me know and I'll update the post.

* * *


What I liked about that compilation was it's “by the people, for the people” philosophy, something the Oscars seem to be lacking. When Joe posted the nominees, I was stunned by how few I'd seen, how few I wanted to see, and how few I'd even heard of. I literally watched hundreds of films last year. Fortunately, a CNN poll that I was tipped off to by J-No reveals that I'm not alone in this. 71% of voters as of this writing haven't seen any of the nominated pictures.

Last year I participated in an Oscar Blog Party whereby I was called upon to make up my own categories and winners. This year I'd like to take it a step further. Forget the Oscars; the Myclofigs will reflect the movies people really saw last year. Sound crazy? Maybe, but I'm sure I've come up with worse ideas.

Think about the movies you've seen in 2005. Send me an e-mail at MCFSPU@hotmail.com and let me know which you'd like to see included in any or all of the categories below. Spread the word on your own sites, if you like. One week from tonight, on Thursday February 9th, I'll reveal the top five nominations in each category. From that point, you'll have until Wednesday, March 1st to cast your votes, also via e-mail. Then, be sure to check back on Saturday, March 4th to see if your favorites won! That's right, we're going to beat the Oscars by a day! Who's better than us? This may well be what the internet was made for.

Best Picture?

Best Actor?

Best Actress?

Best Supporting Actor?

Best Supporting Actress?

Best Director?

Best Comic Book Movie?

Best sf/fantasy Movie?

Best Sequel?

Best Animated Feature?

Best Independent Film?

Best Foreign Film?

Best Soundtrack?

Best Effects?

Best Original Screenplay?

Best Adapted Screenplay?

Best Trailer?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Oooh, this sounds like fun.

2/03/2006 4:57 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

YAY!!!!

What's Mister Snitch?

2/03/2006 11:07 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Isn't it so sad that I am drawing a blank? I think this is because I tend to wait for video now, so I won't see 2005's best until sometime in 2006:(

Thanks for the heads up about Mister Snitch. I didn't even know I was submitted. Was it you?

2/04/2006 10:40 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

To make it a little easier for everyone, I've compiled a companion post to this one, listing 2005's movies.

2/05/2006 1:14 AM  
Blogger Rhodester said...

To quote Darrell..

YAY!!!!

What's Mister Snitch?

(actually, I went and looked. Oddly enought though, my hit tracker doesn't resister any hits from there, but maybe I just didn't see them)

2/05/2006 5:35 AM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

I was gonna make my own post with answers, but slacked again.

Here's the few I could come up with:
Best Picture? Tie between Chronicles of Narnia and Serenity

Best Supporting Actor? The male cast of Serenity.

Best Supporting Actress? The female cast of Serenity.

Best Director? Joss Whedon

Best Comic Book Movie? Serenity (that counts, a 3-part comic book came out before the movie).

Best sf/fantasy Movie? Tie between Chronicles of Narnia and Serenity

Best Sequel? Serenity (it's a sequel to the tv series Firefly).

2/05/2006 6:01 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Thanks, Kev! I'll add these to the nominations I've recieved via e-mail so far. Haven't had too many submissions, and some overlap with the ones you picked, so as of now you have a good chance of seeing some of these when the nominees are announced this Thursday.

2/05/2006 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home