1.23.2006

M.C.F.A.T. VI: Answers

Settle down people, SETTLE DOWN! If you'll all take your seats, we can discuss the results of M.C.F.A.T. VI. In some ways, you're ALL winners. In another, more sardonic way, I'M a winner. Here are this week's participants:

Neil

Wendy

Kelly

Darrell

Sean

Kev Bayer

Lorna

Neolithic

And now, my responses:

1) As you all no doubt remember, back in October I wrote about popular bands picking up former vocalists of other popular bands. If you could choose any one band and any one singer that have never collaborated, and put them together as a new entity, who would you choose? Have fun with this one. You can mix and match styles and eras, and choose artists living or dead. You might even NAME your creation.
And lo, from the depths of FRANCE shall rise the undead Jim Morrison, and he shall impart upon the world mellow and trippy visions of the afterlife, backed by Mike McCready, Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament, and Matt Cameron,and the world shall tremble and introspect before the might of DOOR JAM!

2) How would you react in a hostage situation?
Sean guessed correctly that an episode of 24 inspired this question. While being held hostage in an airport, one of the people is shot when a terrorist notices him covertly dialing his cellphone. I'd like to think I'd be a hero in such a situation, that I'd either get the call for help out or sneak into the ventilation system and take them out one-by-one. I imagine I'm a lot of things better than what I am, due largely in part to being exposed to so much fiction. In real life, heroics would get me killed and likely other people. I'd probably just sit tight, wait it out, and PRAY like crazy.

3) What is your favorite board game?
When I was a kid, my favorite game was Trouble, with the Pop-O-Matic bubble. The game I really wanted was Mousetrap, which my cousin had and which I eventually got in my very early teens. I think the BEST game in my collection is one I was fortunate to find at a yard sale when I was a kid, The New Fantastic Four Game(Featuring Herbie the Robot). It had such variety between the spinner and the random numbered and colored sections, and it had a big cutout of a robot! Seriously, look how cool this thing is!

4) Which is worse, being buried alive or getting locked in a freezer? Include reasons and potential methods of escape.
I want to thank you all for your invaluable contributions to my research...but seriously, the ground, while warm, has bugs and darkness. A freezer is above ground, has light, a better chance of someone outside hearing and maybe even a food supply. At the very least it would make for a great flashback episode.

5) In light of by the ”Draw Batgirl” meme I linked to yesterday, what other characters do you think would be appropriate for a similar meme? Hundreds of people with varying artistic abilities have rendered versions of the character. Some have been cartoonish, some amateur, and others professional. There have been countless variations and deviations, and all have been fun. I'm NOT asking for drawings(yet), so don't feel intimidated. Just name a comic character and at a later date I may choose one and invite readers to post their interpretations--and stick figures WILL be welcome.
I think for such a meme the character has to be well-known, or at least iconic. Everyone came up with some great suggestions, and I think I know which one I'm going to choose. If it were up to me, we'd all be drawing Quasar. Fortunately, it's not up to me and I WANT people to participate. I think if this new venture goes well, I'll get to all of your choices, but the frontrunners were Wendy's suggestion for Wolverine and Darrell's call for Venom. I think a character based on an animal opens itself up to slightly more interpretations, and thanks to Hugh Jackman, the character is (currently) more well-known.

So, click through some of the links in the Batgirl meme for inspiration. Some people can draw better than others, and in some cases they just modified photographs. Post your take on Wolverine, ANY artistic interpretation, to your various blogs, leave a link in the comments section, and come back in a week to see my rendition and earn your M.C.F.A.D. It will be fun and painless; I promise.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Curt said...

I think you should invent a name for a new character, then ask people to draw what they think the character should look like. For some reason, the name QXSXH comes to mind. Or maybe Bracchus Hornsby.

1/24/2006 11:12 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

I really wanted to get to this one this time but I still couldn't get to it. I did, however, enjoy reading that bit about Chuck Norris. However did you find these things?

1/24/2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger Rhodester said...

MCF old buddy.. I need to email you something, so would you mind just emailing me so that I can reply to it? Thanks,

Dave

1/24/2006 6:19 PM  
Blogger Rhodester said...

damn.. daverhodester@gmail.com

guess you'll need that :-)

1/24/2006 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home