2.01.2006

PBW: The Chronicles of MCFnia

I read the Chronicles of Narnia often and fervently when I was old enough to appreciate the fantasy but too young to pick up on the allegory, or even know what the word “allegory” meant. At a local beach, there was a section that could only be reached at low tide, when I could walk beneath a dock to the other side. I used to call this land “Narnia” after the books I'd read, though it bore no resemblance beyond being a secret place that could only be reached through special means. (In a PBW classic, “Narnia” is the section in the first photo that you can't see because it's in the foreground before that steel wall and I'm standing on that very dock. Just because you can't see something, doesn't mean it isn't there though. Maybe I'll go there this weekend, tides permitting....)

About a month ago, I mentioned that I'd gone on not one but two Photo Blog Wednesday missions. The first was more appropriate to the season, so I saved images of my local park in Winter near sunset for another time. This was the same visit, you may recall, that resulted in an angry seagull hurling a chunk of asphalt at me. That incident notwithstanding, I had a pleasant walk down to the beach through the park, noticing something decidedly more Narnia-esque than that other beach along the way. It would be the first of many unseasonably nice days. Enjoy!







Note the half-buried chunk of asphalt in the lower right hand corner. At the time I was walking toward the water where tons of waterfowl had gathered but after that, I turned around and walked the other way.






Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

Lovely pictures as always, and you saved the best for the last.

2/02/2006 12:57 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Dude, I LOVE the third photo from the top. If there's a higher res version of that, it would make super cool wallpaper. Hint, hint.

2/02/2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Check your inbox, D. HiRes 300DPI uncropped pic within.

2/02/2006 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home