1.26.2008

Stupid Ideas

• It's time for a shocking confession. I was a little preoccupied on Monday night, looking for something quick to post for Tuesday that wouldn't require a lot of heavy thought, and the best I came up with was KEYWORD ROULETTE. Having had a few days and finally a few moments to look at the idea, I realized it didn't make a lot of sense, or was in some way incomplete. Somewhere in that rough concept there is a good game, but I think I need to remove some of the random elements and narrow down the focus of it. It's definitely not the next Blog Party, M.C.F.A.T. or Perilous!. It's barely the next M.C.F.A.D., MCF LI, or MCF Might Know. I'm man enough to admit that they can't all be winners, and I'm putting this one down mercifully two days early. I will come up with a great new game or feature this year; this just wasn't it:

1) raid barrier bolt fleet dream
http://www.eyrie.net/UF/FI/cybertron.txt

2) bright neighborhood adjacent street wealth
http://www.historylink.org/essays/output.cfm?file_id=3452

3) robot cape duck splash monkey
http://www.sahek.co.il/index.php?task=view&id=1751

4) sun cathedral flower light said
http://www.diocese-bourges.org/cathedrale/us/index.htm

5) toe mall giant wagon see
http://wikitravel.org/en/Alice_Springs


• • •


• Speaking of stupid ideas, not only did a FOX news anchor make a Brokeback Mountain joke in reference to Heath Ledger's death, but an MSNBC reporter mentioned Owen Wilson's near-fatal overdose last Summer as a “dress rehearsal” for what happened to Ledger. Too soon or too stupid? You decide.

• • •


• This one is kind of cool. Back in the late ‘80s, Dwayne McDuffie once pitched an idea to Marvel for a team book featuring ”Teenage Negro Ninja Thrashers”. That pitch is hilarious and, as Comics Should Be Good explains, was done in response to the fact that Marvel had not one but two skateboarding black superheroes in prominent roles at the time, Night Thrasher and Rocket Racer. I think it's great that he was able to poke fun at that, although he definitely ran the risk of a joke being picked up and suddenly going from satire to stupid reality. And to be honest, if that book did come out back then at the peak of my addiction, I totally would have been collecting it. McDuffie went on to greater things in animation and his own comics, and it's notable that his most famous African American hero was known to zip around on manhole covers or garbage can lids.

• • •


• Finally, I'll share a stupid joke I heard in a bar this week:

Chelsea Clinton is speaking with a tough-as-nails Marine, and asks him if anything scares him. He replies, “Ma'am, I'm only afraid of three things: Osama, Obama, and Yo Momma.”

Hey, it made me laugh.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

Another scary comment about Heath Ledger came from Jack Jack Nicholson

Jack Nicholson on Heath Ledger Death: I Told Him So

And what's with the batman ad/video on the site? Poor taste!

1/26/2008 1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home