1.16.2008

PBW: New Winter



I intended to make the best of Winter’s Return this week. As much as I hated the idea of snow after the tease of a few unseasonably warm days, New Positive MCF focused on the images that would result from a white blanket over familiar surroundings. I could return to places I’d visited on my lunch hour in the past, and get all new views. Two weeks into a new year however, New Positive MCF is getting a dose of reality. No man’s attitude controls the weather. Flurries Sunday night gave way to slush by Monday morning, and by lunch slush had given way to a cold, gray mist. I turned off my lamp and left my cozy office nonetheless, to see what I could see for Photo Blog Wednesday. Somehow, though it wasn’t cold enough to snow, cold and damp were worse, and I couldn’t take more than a few minutes.







Even amid the murky and dismal atmosphere, I found a few potential desktop pictures, “Bruce Goose” and “Short Pier”:




I need Spring. I need to explore and wander and get outside and get lost. I don’t like this New Soggy Winter. If it’s going to snow it should snow, otherwise bring me warmer days...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home