1.21.2008

Phantasmic Links 1.21.08

I can't believe how cold it is. I tried to take some photographs on Sunday, and couldn't stay out of my car for more than five minutes. I stopped for gas, and nearly froze to death watching the gallons slowly tick by while the cost ticked by much faster. I did get all my shopping done for my mom's birthday next week, so the cold didn't destroy my productivity entirely. And, as always, I did gather PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Myclofigia is nearing a population of 100! Let's keep our buildings growing!

(2) After almost a year, Platform the Game reaches its conclusion! I've linked to this weekly game in the past, and this week they've finally posted the last installment. The denouement lacks action and closes up the story thread, so you might want to check out the boss battle first, or if you haven't been playing at all, check it out from the beginning.

(3) Politicians talk about change a lot, and one brilliant video editor captures the song between the lines.
Hat Tip: B13.

(4) Viral backstory fills in Cloverfield tale. Scroll down past the video only if you've seen the film, because this contains major SPOILERS of course.

(5) Jewel Miner has been my new game obsession this week. After clearing ten levels you get this:


And after clearing twenty, it just asks you to order the full version. It's a great addition to these mining games though, especially once you figure out the various bonuses for speed and matching 4 or 5 jewels instead of the minimum of 3.


(6) Over the years, firecracker labels have displayed some interesting art, albeit with the occasional copyright infringement...

(7) Virginia declares war on (truck) testicles. Don't let them find out about this comfortable looking couch.


(8) Ant parasite turns the host into a berry to entice birds. Nature is sick and weird and cool.

(9) Man hits head; forced to endure rectal exam. Yeah, avoid that hospital...

(10) My only complaint about Filler is how much of your life it can fill. It's very challenging at first, but since your lives are equal to your level, I realized by level 30 that I could well be in the middle of an infinite, albeit fun, game.

(11) Lasagna Cat is a bizarre Garfield tribute.

(12) We'll conclude this week with the world's 10 youngest professionals. I feel like such an underachiever...

Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

I just want to say, as a Virginian, that I think that the only thing stupider and more vulgar than plastic truck testicles is the idea of passing a law against them.

1/22/2008 12:32 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Note to self: Do not click on links to mining games. Ever. Again. Where did my morning go? I did finish it, though.

1/24/2008 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home