8.07.2007

MCF's COMMON I

I'm going to take another crack at bringing a new game to the Nexus. I tested the waters with my own rendition of “One of these things is not like the other”, and now I'm modifying that idea slightly. Welcome to MCF's COMMON.

I'm going to give you five groups of four, but this time I'm not looking for the one that doesn't fit in with the rest of the group. No, a COMMON bond unites the elements of each quartet, and it's up to you to tell me what that is. You can answer in the comments, or show some link-love by posting on your own blog, and you'll have a week to come up with your answers. To sweeten the pot, I'll offer a fragment of the coveted Mysterious Master Prize™ to everyone who comes up with all the correct answers. I haven't offered one of those since my third movie keyword meme, and the last time someone won one was at the conclusion of the third game of Perilous! This is indeed a rare opportunity.

20 items. 5 COMMON bonds. Can you name them all?

GROUP 1
(A) O'Neill.
(B) Tigh.
(C) Sanders.
(D) Klink.

GROUP 2
(A) Cindy.
(B) Peter.
(C) Samson.
(D) Munchkin.

GROUP 3
(A) Sushi.
(B) Cauliflower.
(C) Calamari.
(D) Escargot.

GROUP 4
(A) Liquidator.
(B) Junkyard.
(C) Brain.
(D) Ms. Lion.

GROUP 5
(A) House.
(B) Clock.
(C) Romano.
(D) Chandler.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Group1: Names that MCF likes his Girlfriends to call him when he wants to be in charge.

Group 2: All characters in the hit comedy Three's Company after Suzanne Somers left.

Group 3. Either colonels on a battle cruiser in Star Wars Episode 6 or things that MCF scrapes to the floor from his plate when no one is watching.

Group 4. Failed working titles for Terminator 3.

Group 5. They all contain letters from the Alphabet.

8/07/2007 1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea, but you've always played along with my games. So because your a friend I'll take a few guesses.

1. Characters that have served in the military on television.

2. They were all the names of family pets.

3. Stuff that has made you vomit.

4. All are animal characters from cartoons.

5. Television characters who tend to be sarcastic.

8/07/2007 7:41 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

Rey was close but mixed up part of answer 1 in 3.

1. All Colonels.
2. All on the Brady Bunch.
3. All things MCF has not or will not eat.
4. All puppets.
5. All Doctors.

8/07/2007 4:20 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Rey's answers are HILARIOUS. If no one gets them all correct, I may have to come up with an honorary prize for those.

There are five correct answers here though; unfortunately not all in the same comment. :)

8/07/2007 7:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

b13: duh. rofl.

8/08/2007 2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Posted my answers here. Sadly, I should have read the comments to get better guesses, though maybe the ignorant ones are more humourous.

Cheers.

8/09/2007 11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home