8.03.2007

One of these things....




Filed under “shared human experiences”, I think a lot of us will fondly remember the old bit on Sesame Street in which we were presented with four images. Each time, while a jingle proclaimed that “one of these things is not like the others”, we were challenged to determine which of the four differed from the other three, as well as how it differed. Perhaps you watched with your children, or watched when you yourself were a child. Perhaps you have no idea what I'm talking about. In any case, I'm going to attempt my own version of this.

Below you will find ten groups of four. In each group, one item doesn't belong. Venture guesses, and find out tomorrow if we're on the same wavelenth.

GROUP 1
(A) Square
(B) Rectangle
(C) Rhombus
(D) Kite

GROUP 2
(A) 1
(B) 17
(C) 51
(D) 113

GROUP 3
(A) Cliffjumper
(B) Hubcap
(C) Gears
(D) Bumblebee

GROUP 4
(A) C
(B) E
(C) F
(D) M

GROUP 5
(A) Captain America
(B) Iron Man
(C) Thor
(D) Wasp

GROUP 6
(A) Lionel Hutz
(B) Apu Nahasapeemapetilon
(C) Disco Stu
(D) Sideshow Bob

GROUP 7
(A) My thumbs.
(B) My eyes.
(C) My nostrils.
(D) My knees.

GROUP 8
(A) Stargate: SG-1
(B) Gung Ho
(C) Buffy, the Vampire Slayer
(D) Firefly

GROUP 9
(A) Mario
(B) Yoshi
(C) Goomba
(D) Luigi

GROUP 10
(A) C
(B) C
(C) C
(D) C

Just to make things extra interesting, it's possible that some of these will have valid answers other than the ones I have in mind. good luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

I can thonk of some fun usage of this game... but I would probably be banned from blogging for life...any-who...

1. B
2. C
3. B
4. B
5. D
6. B
7. C
8. C
9. C
10. C

8/03/2007 9:11 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

Thonking is fun :)

8/03/2007 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home