...Is Not Like the Other

B13 was the only one to attempt yesterday's game. I either needed a better game, or easier questions. He got four answers correct, but I'll give him a seven because three of his answers fit the question, even though they weren't the same answers I was looking for. Maybe I'll try this again someday. Here are the answers I was going for:

(A) Square
(B) Rectangle
(C) Rhombus
(D) Kite
(D) Kite differs from the other Quadrilaterals in that it does not have parallel sides.

(A) 1
(B) 17
(C) 51
(D) 113
(C) 51, while at a glance might seem like a Prime number, is actually divisible by numbers other than 1 and itself(3x17)

(A) Cliffjumper
(B) Hubcap
(C) Gears
(D) Bumblebee
Gears might have been one of the original Autobots, but the other three I listed were all made from the same Volkswagen Beetle toy mold with slight changes either in color or with the addition of a spoiler.

(A) C
(B) E
(C) F
(D) M
(B) E is the only letter listed that's not part of my nom de web, MCF.

(A) Captain America
(B) Iron Man
(C) Thor
(D) Wasp
(A) Captain America is the only character in the group who was not a founding member of the Avengers. As the only female, Wasp would also be an acceptable answer, and I suppose as the only god Thor would have worked as well.

(A) Lionel Hutz
(B) Apu Nahasapeemapetilon
(C) Disco Stu
(D) Sideshow Bob
(B) Apu Nahasapeemapetilon is the only Simpsons character in the group who has never married Selma Bouvier.

(A) My thumbs.
(B) My eyes.
(C) My nostrils.
(D) My knees.
(B) My eyes are the only things in the list that are symmetrical. My left thumb is half an inch shorter than my right one, my right nostril bears a continuation of the scar on my upper lip from the time I fell on a piece of glass as a child, and my left knee has a fleshy spot the size of a quarter from the time I tripped and landed on a piece of asphalt and gouged a hole in it. Yes ladies, I'm surprised that this mutant is still single.

(A) Stargate: SG-1
(B) Gung Ho
(C) Buffy, the Vampire Slayer
(D) Firefly
(D) Firefly is the only television show in the list to have a movie made after it went off the air. The other three shows were based on prior feature films.

(A) Mario
(B) Yoshi
(C) Goomba
(D) Luigi
(B) Yoshi is the only character who didn't debut on the NES; his first appearance was in Super Mario World on the Super NES. As the only bad guy in the list, I would have accepted Goomba as an alternate answer.

(A) C
(B) C
(C) C
(D) C
(C) C is the only choice in which the answer is the same as its designated letter.


Blogger b13 said...

Now to explain my reasoning... at 1:30 am...

1. a rectangle's sides are not of equal length. The others do... unless the kite is a dragon or some odd shape.

2. all of the selections start with 1 except C.

3. Thought this had to do with production year.

4. exactly

5. Wasp is female

6. all but Apu are yellow

7. No idea why I chose that.

8. Same as 7

9. Goombah was the only enemy

10. exactly

8/04/2007 1:37 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

Brilliant! I always loved Sesame Street, and to have MCF turn it into a cool quiz... that's just cool.

8/04/2007 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Lyndon said...

The game is a good idea, maybe you just need to make it shorter. Have about four or five questions. If I had more time yesterday, I would have probably answered as well.

As for the transformers question, I would have picked Hubcap. While he does share the same mold as Cliffjumper and Bumblebee. I thought he was the only one to not appear in the original cartoon. Although there is some debate to that.

8/04/2007 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home