8.04.2007

...Is Not Like the Other

B13 was the only one to attempt yesterday's game. I either needed a better game, or easier questions. He got four answers correct, but I'll give him a seven because three of his answers fit the question, even though they weren't the same answers I was looking for. Maybe I'll try this again someday. Here are the answers I was going for:

GROUP 1
(A) Square
(B) Rectangle
(C) Rhombus
(D) Kite
(D) Kite differs from the other Quadrilaterals in that it does not have parallel sides.

GROUP 2
(A) 1
(B) 17
(C) 51
(D) 113
(C) 51, while at a glance might seem like a Prime number, is actually divisible by numbers other than 1 and itself(3x17)

GROUP 3
(A) Cliffjumper
(B) Hubcap
(C) Gears
(D) Bumblebee
Gears might have been one of the original Autobots, but the other three I listed were all made from the same Volkswagen Beetle toy mold with slight changes either in color or with the addition of a spoiler.

GROUP 4
(A) C
(B) E
(C) F
(D) M
(B) E is the only letter listed that's not part of my nom de web, MCF.

GROUP 5
(A) Captain America
(B) Iron Man
(C) Thor
(D) Wasp
(A) Captain America is the only character in the group who was not a founding member of the Avengers. As the only female, Wasp would also be an acceptable answer, and I suppose as the only god Thor would have worked as well.

GROUP 6
(A) Lionel Hutz
(B) Apu Nahasapeemapetilon
(C) Disco Stu
(D) Sideshow Bob
(B) Apu Nahasapeemapetilon is the only Simpsons character in the group who has never married Selma Bouvier.

GROUP 7
(A) My thumbs.
(B) My eyes.
(C) My nostrils.
(D) My knees.
(B) My eyes are the only things in the list that are symmetrical. My left thumb is half an inch shorter than my right one, my right nostril bears a continuation of the scar on my upper lip from the time I fell on a piece of glass as a child, and my left knee has a fleshy spot the size of a quarter from the time I tripped and landed on a piece of asphalt and gouged a hole in it. Yes ladies, I'm surprised that this mutant is still single.

GROUP 8
(A) Stargate: SG-1
(B) Gung Ho
(C) Buffy, the Vampire Slayer
(D) Firefly
(D) Firefly is the only television show in the list to have a movie made after it went off the air. The other three shows were based on prior feature films.

GROUP 9
(A) Mario
(B) Yoshi
(C) Goomba
(D) Luigi
(B) Yoshi is the only character who didn't debut on the NES; his first appearance was in Super Mario World on the Super NES. As the only bad guy in the list, I would have accepted Goomba as an alternate answer.

GROUP 10
(A) C
(B) C
(C) C
(D) C
(C) C is the only choice in which the answer is the same as its designated letter.

3 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

Now to explain my reasoning... at 1:30 am...

1. a rectangle's sides are not of equal length. The others do... unless the kite is a dragon or some odd shape.

2. all of the selections start with 1 except C.

3. Thought this had to do with production year.

4. exactly

5. Wasp is female

6. all but Apu are yellow

7. No idea why I chose that.

8. Same as 7

9. Goombah was the only enemy

10. exactly

8/04/2007 1:37 AM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

Brilliant! I always loved Sesame Street, and to have MCF turn it into a cool quiz... that's just cool.

8/04/2007 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The game is a good idea, maybe you just need to make it shorter. Have about four or five questions. If I had more time yesterday, I would have probably answered as well.

As for the transformers question, I would have picked Hubcap. While he does share the same mold as Cliffjumper and Bumblebee. I thought he was the only one to not appear in the original cartoon. Although there is some debate to that.

8/04/2007 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home