5.28.2007

Phantasmic Links 5.28.07

My dad's not a very patient person. He rewired some light switches in our house, and didn't take the time to note which wires went where; he just wanted to get the job done. As a result, two of the switches turn on both the light in our living room and an outside light over our front steps. On the way to a parade on Sunday, he asked our friend Bill if he knew anything about electricity. Bill's explanation of red and black and white wires sounded logical to me, but my dad disagreed. It actually made me feel better about when he asks me music questions then argues with me; it's his own personality and not any shortcoming on my part.

”The waiting is the hardest part.” I'm not as impatient as my dad, who complained my mom's IV was dripping too slowly when she was in the hospital and tried to adjust it before I stopped him, but I definitely feel boxed in or bored at times. Sunday was the first of three Memorial Day parades we're playing this weekend, with the other two on Monday. The parade itself was great, between music and watching the people we walked by, it went fast. The half hour standing around waiting for it to start after we lined up was torture, though. I've had longer waiting periods of course, so I wondered if I was becoming more like my dad as I got older, or if impatience is a natural by product of aging. I know my perception of time is different than when I was a child, so I can imagine what it will be like forty-five years from now. When time grows short, any delay is too long.

I also think people speak their mind more as they get older. I don't think my dad's ever been bashful; that's one thing we don't have in common. Yet, as he yelled at Senator Schumer, “Why don't you lower the gas prices?”, I realized he's gotten more outspoken. Schumer shook his hand, said he was going after the oil companies, then moved on.

I hope everyone's having as much fun this Memorial Day weekend as I am, if not more. Here are this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

This fun and funky mix of animation and music is brought to you by B13.

A triple-amputee finishes med school. Wow, I really have no excuse for not making anything of myself yet...

Artists re-imagine a legendary cinematic villain in The Vader Project. HT: Sean.

Deflector gets progressively harder and, of course, more addictive. Can you draw lines and protect your base from increasing enemy forces? Sometimes the best offense really is a good defense...

I wish my furniture transformed into an Obelisk. It's another good one from B13.

You won't see this in the new Transformers movie, but I wouldn't mind if we did.

Here's what Transformers would look like with no budget....

I found the following at Kev Bayer's, and I wasn't surprised by the results:
My Score: Hiro Nakamura
I scored 58 Idealism, 62 Nonconformity, 41 Nerdiness.

YATTA!
Congratulations, you're Hiro Nakamura! You're a high-minded idealist, a huge nerd, and you enjoy being a unique and special person. Your combination of positive personality traits makes you impossibly lovable, and your energy and enthusiasm are absolutely infectious. Your dedication to any mission you take on, in addition to your cheerful sense of humor, are qualities anyone should be proud to have.
Your best quality: Spunk
Your worst quality: You are too cute. Some people may not be able to handle it.
Link: The Heroes Personality Test written by freedomdegrees.

Finally, are you fast enough to Connect It? Watch out for that monkey...


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Considering that I've never seen an episode of "Heroes" and don't want to, I figured I was the perfect person to take the quiz. After all, since I have no preconceived notions about the show, I won't skew my answers in order to try to come up as a specific character, right? So here are my results:

Congratulations, you're Claire Bennet! You are a sweet person who wants to be accepted and fit in. However, you're learning to embrace the side of yourself that's special and unique and are becoming a much stronger person for it. Keep it up, and you might be indestructible. ;) Your best quality: Sweetness Your worst quality: A fear of being different
My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
You scored higher than 99% on Idealism
You scored higher than 99% on Nonconformity
You scored higher than 99% on Nerdiness


I'm the cheerleader? Save me!

Wendy was Simone, whatever that means. All I know is that the picture of Simone was kinda hot.

5/28/2007 6:16 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

I am Mohinder.

5/29/2007 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home