5.18.2007

A Movie Thing.

The Hidden Blogger tagged me with a pretty interesting movie meme. I usually try to pace these things out, and considering how I'll be busy with multiple musical gigs pretty much every weekend until the middle of June, then after a free weekend busy until August, I probably should save meme posts for when I'll really need them. On the other hand, I watched four hours of season finales on Thursday night, so there's that. Anyway, with all the movies I've seen, this caught my attention:

1) Go to IMDB.com and look up 10 of your favorite movies.
2) Post five (5) official IMDB "Plot Keywords" for these 10 picks.
3) Have your friends guess the movie titles.


There was an additional bit about tagging people, but I'll leave it wide open for anyone to do if they so choose. I've seen a lot of movies--well over 1,000--but I haven't seen every movie and my tastes are somewhat specific. This is more than a meme; this will demonstrate just how well my readers know me...or not.

Let the game begin:

1) Thunderstorm; Father Son Reunion; Funeral; Loss Of Husband; Ventriloquist.

2) Messiah; Futuristic; Alien Contact; Space Station; Good Versus Evil.

3) Tragic Villain; Extraterrestrial Being; Emperor; Floating Island; Laser Beam.

4) Bizarre; Ancient Greece; Greek Mythology; Greek God; Medusa.

5) Self Worth; 1980s; Fall From Tree; Telescope; Fire.

6) New York City; Mission; Whimsical; Scientist; Demonic Possession.

7) Student Driver; Mind Control; Femme Fatale; Police Detective; Queen.

8) Vigilante; Sword; Revenge; Supernatural; Industrial Music.

9) Cantonese; Music Video; Breaking The Fourth Wall; Product Placement; Flying Monkey.

10) Loss Of Wife; Blood Splatter; Famous Line; Car Battery; Christmas Tree

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Lyndon said...

Well I'm going to say that number 6 is "Ghostbusters" and that number 8 is "Highlander".

The rest all sound familiar, but some of the clues have me second guessing what they are.

5/18/2007 6:20 AM  
Blogger SPM said...

Just guessing here...

I want to say #2 is Starman?
#3 might be Dark City...
Is #4 Clash of the Titans?
I agree that #8 must be Highlander
Is #10 Fargo?

This is pretty cool. I'll have to do this on Swimming in Champaign this weekend.

5/18/2007 7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lyndon got one right so far; Sean got one right.

Some of these could definitely fit other movies. For example, I can think of three movies, maybe four, that fit #8, but no one's guessed that correctly...

5/18/2007 10:12 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

#9 is Wayne's World

5/18/2007 2:50 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I think that #8 is The Crow

5/18/2007 2:52 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

Gotta agree with Wendy. #8 is Thh Crow.

5/18/2007 5:45 PM  
Blogger Lyndon said...

So #6 is Ghostbusters, I really thought #8 was Highlander :-(

I don't remember any sword in the Crow, but the rest of the clues do sound like the movie.

After further thinking, and the fact that I was going through my Dvd's looking for something to watch.

I think #2 is "Transformers The Movie" #5 sounds like "Back to the Future".

Drawing blanks on the rest of them, so that's it for my guesses.

5/18/2007 8:22 PM  
Blogger The Unseen One said...

Here are my guesses...

#2: 2001
#3: Flash Gordon
#4: Clash of the Titans
#10: Lethal Weapon

5/18/2007 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home