5.12.2010

PBW: The Mother of All Days

If I didn't already, I'd like to wish all the moms out there a belated happy Mother's Day! For this year's holiday, my mom wanted to return to Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, where she attended the 1964 World's Fair. Five years later she got married, and ten years later she had a kid, so she's been understandably busy. For all the time she dedicated to me over the years, it was only fair that I take some time to finally bring her back there. I'd been to the park once before in college with my friends for a picnic, and I tried to go with my folks and my uncle after my graduation but it was too crowded. Two years ago I went back on my own to take pictures. My dad had never been there. So this week's Photo Blog Wednesday certainly captures an event, especially given the fact that my 80-year-old father survived heart surgery nearly five weeks ago. It was unseasonably cold and occasionally cloudy on Sunday, so he couldn't do too much walking, but I still got some historical photo opportunities out of the excursion:





When my dad took a break and sat with my mom in the lobby of the park's theater, I wandered a bit on my own. Here's some of what I saw:









More to come next week, as I discovered both wild and scientific sides of the park that I never knew existed....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home