5.10.2010

Phantasmic Links 5.10.10

I hope all the moms out there had a great Mother's Day! My Sunday started out sort of weird. I was in a cafeteria, holding a girl's hand who was lying on a table, and I had my hand resting on her stomach so I felt when her baby kicked for the first time. She squeezed my hand, and then I woke up. I probably had too much to drink the night before, but hopefully not that much. In any case, despite a chilly day alternating between sunny and cloudy, I still managed a nice family outing with my folks for the holiday, and will share photos later in the week. For now, I'll ponder what other bizarre nightmares may lurk in my subconscious, as I gather this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) This fan trailer for a Street Fighter movie is better than either of the theatrical live action films, not that that's a challenging accomplishment...
Hat Tip: Rey.

(2) Dummy Never Fails...to entertain! It's fun launching the dummies at targets, but having over 50 skins to unlock through various achievements is what takes this game to the next level.

(3) Comic books get a vintage paperback treatment from one graphic artist...

(4) ...while another artist takes on the challenge of minimalist superhero movie posters. Sometimes less is more, and making such good use of negative space is one of the hardest things to do in graphic design.

(5) Tony Starch is....IRONING MAN. Oh, I hope Washing Machine shows up in the sequel...

(6) Speaking of sequels, I never thought I'd see Patrick Swayze dancing with this guy. Tony needs to get the alcohol thing under control again....

(7) Enjoy 3D panaoramas of Utah without leaving the cooler confines of your room!

(8) This kid sums up the entire Star Wars® trilogy in two minutes....with LEGOs®.

(9) Thor has gone through some interesting costume changes over the years. Seriously, what was wrong with the ‘90s?

(10) You can never have Enough Plumbers, so thankfully the game of the same name allows you to generate a clone every time you collect a coin. It's 25 levels of awesome that for some reason reminds me of some other game. Hmm...


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home