8.28.2008

T.I.L.T. Things I've Learned Thursday XIII

Yes, I'm still doing Things I've Learned Thursday. Deal with it.

* Most people, myself included, incorrectly (nontraditionally?) use the phrase “begs the question”.

* Tobey Maguire and Robert Downey, Jr. have shared intimate scenes on film on at least two occasions. The first was in Wonder Boys, a film I rented a few weeks ago only to discover there wasn't much of a plot. The second collaboration was more recent, and more hilarious.

* Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start

* Never hesitate to go to the doctor if you think something is wrong with you. I always worry about “crying wolf” and being considered a hypochondriac, but there are certain symptoms one should never ignore. I was chatting with an old professor about the time he ignored some serious signs until he finally passed out, and the complications he had to deal with later in life as a result of it. It reminded me that I did the same thing about 7 years ago and almost bled to death. I was lucky and was able to resume a normal life, with some manageable psychological damage. These days I err on the side of caution, sometimes too cautious, but it beats the alternative.

* In some ways, time is a force we can't control, a constantly flowing river that maintains its course and direction whether we fight the current or go with it. In others, time is a matter of perception, and a few old photos or reconnecting with old friends you never thought you'd be in contact with again can make it seem like no time has passed at all.

* Four is a four letter word. Fou is crazy, en français. Fo comes after Fee Fi but before Fum. Do not F with Axl.

* It doesn't take much to get a song stuck in your head.

* Always cut the green wire.

* No wait,
RED! Cut the re

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

I should have known better than to click the "song stuck in your head" link. All it took was seeing the title to get it stuck in my head. This is my revenge.

8/28/2008 6:56 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

You and Darrell are both doomed.

9/02/2008 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home