8.27.2008

PBW: Dog Days

Sorry if the title of this week’s Photo Blog Wednesday is misleading, friends, but there are no canines in this post. It simply refers to the end of Summer, and my last batch of photos for the month of August includes a crazy big spider outside my living room window, a baby bunny that was nibbling grass near my office, and Beast, the semi-feral stray cat that my mom feeds.












And I’ll throw in a couple of desktop-sized images from this batch, at no extra cost to you! Simply click the images below for the larger sizes.


Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orb-weaver_spider

I believe I've identified it as an Orb Weaver. Late Summer, spiral web, markings and size consistent, and there are plenty of bees and wasps and other flying things near where it set up its web. Big and scary looking; non threatening to humans.

8/27/2008 2:37 PM  
Blogger Lyndon said...

Cool animal pics!! Love the last shot of that spider web :) Especially with the light in the back ground.

8/27/2008 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home