8.22.2008

Mosaic

A picture, they say, is worth a thousand words. Most of the time, I share myself through many thousands of words, whether literally or through photos. So, when I saw this mosaic idea over at Lyndon's, I was intrigued. After answering twelve questions, input your answers on Flickr as search terms and choose the image you like best for each one. Then, follow the instructions at the Flickr Mosaic Maker to put your answer images into a grid. The result for me was the following:


1. Mysterious Girl, 2. doritos, minha vida. HAHA, 3. Chaminade Hall Entrance, 4. Lady in Red, 5. Jewel Staite at Shore Leave 30, 6. Corona Light ... the only Light Beer that's also a Corona, 7. A Boatman & His Dog Cruising Along in the Cannaregio Sestiere, Venice, 8. McFlurry.....Oreo, 9. once i was a son to my dad, 10. Miller girls, 11. Crap on My Desk, 12. Abstract 27 : Origins of the Colors

1. What is your first name?
Obviously, I went with “Mysterious” for the purpose of maintaining my secret identity.

2. What is your favorite food?
Doritos would better be described as my favorite snack, but it's the first thing that came to mind and offered a good visual.

3. What high school did you go to?
I went to a place called Chaminade, which looks similar to the image I found even though that's not the same one.

4. What is your favorite color?
Red.

5. Who is your celebrity crush?
Maybe it's because Lyndon already listed another Firefly alumnus that I liked, or because I've recently caught up to episodes of Stargate: Atlantis in which she's joined the cast, but I went with Jewel Staite.

6. What is your favorite drink?
I wouldn't mind being on a tropical beach with clear water as I drank a Corona.

7. What is your dream vacation?
The dream, if I ever get married, can get enough time off and can afford it, would be to visit Venice on my honeymoon. I probably should look into my roots in Italy and visit Sicily and Naples as well, but for some reason I've always been drawn to the water. I doubt it will ever happen, but that's why it's a dream vacation.

8. What is your favorite dessert?
I went with an Oreo McFlurry, but honestly anything that combines cookies with vanilla ice cream is fine in my book, wherever the source.

9. What do you want to do when you grow up?
I kind of surprised myself when I typed “father” into the search field. Even though that's a long way off and sometimes I'm not sure if I could handle the expense and responsibility, I guess it's a consideration in the back of my mind. My dad has four sisters and I'm an only child, so I've always known keeping the family name alive rests on my shoulders. And since my parents are my ultimate example of adulthood, moreso than my peers, I guess my logic is that I'll be a “grownup” when I become a parent myself.

10. Who/ what do you love most in life?
I could have gone with “family” or “friends” which would have been just as true, but “girls” offered much better images.

11. Choose one word that describes you?
Geek. ‘nuff said.

12. What is your Flickr name?
I considered putting my actual Flickr name, which is derived from my real name but probably wouldn't give that much away about the old secret identity. But when I did a search for it, nothing came up and Flickr asked me if I meant “nexus”. I took that as a sign, and used that for the final image.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lyndon said...

I thought about using the same picture for the color red, but I decided to go with the one I used :)

I don't really think you could go wrong with Firefly, all the women were pretty hot!!

8/22/2008 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home