8.25.2008

Phantasmic Links 8.25.08

I was doing some math for various reasons, not the least of which is my love of math, but after a relaxing weekend, I was wondering just how many jobs I have left with the various bands I play in before the Winter break around October. I calculated eight, with two falling on weeknights, so it won't be long before I enjoy two “vacation” days every week. One thing that boggles my mathematical mind is how fast a weekend can go by. I've yet to perfect an adequate method of slowing down time, and I probably will find the opposite effect clicking through PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Click Myclofigia and get our city to #1!

(2) How do you catch a two-mouthed fish? Why, with a four-earred cat, unnaturally.

(3) Speaking of cats, here's one that eats with a fork and chopsticks.
Hat Tip: Lyndon.

(4) Here's something exciting and scary: the first robot to be powered by living brain tissue. They are among us and they have a plan....?

(5) Boombot has an interesting premise: move your robot to the portal in each level...with BOMBS. Fun and increasingly challenging!

(6) Sorry ladies(and some gentlemen): Dickipedia might not contain what you're expecting, although it contains plenty of people who've fit the description at one time or another.

(7) These age-maps are an awesome fusion of young and old photographs of the same people. I'm going to have to try this. I'd never post it here, but I still want to try it...
H.T.: Darrell.

(8) Bottled Water is now available in a can! Well, it's about time...
H.T.: B13.

(9) The Olympics will try anything to get viewers. I blame Katy Perry.
H.T.: B13.

(10) Hey, where did I leave those 2,008 needles? Oh, there they are in that Chinese guy.
H.T.: Darrell.

(11) The Cheat takes us back to when Rap was in our Metal, and Metal was in our Rap. I totally need to listen to my Judgment Night soundtrack again now...

(12) At one of the feasts I played in this year, we went with two bands, our group in green and the other in red. “So long, Red-shirts!” said I, laughing internally at a ridiculously geeky reference that no one got. This video might have helped. I think my favorite is either the dude that looks right into the plant that turns toward him, or the guy that walks into the path of the power conduit.
H.T.: Rey.

(13) Draaaaaaainage FAIL! It was hard to tell from the video, but when the guy walks over to the opening between geysers, I bet he had on a red shirt...
H.T.: B13.

(14) This Flesh Map illustrates which song genres mention which body parts the most.(Some NWS images, most notably in the Hip-Hop genre...)

(15) Finally, Shift 2 and Shift 3 are awesome sequels to the original Shift, and they include awards, unlockable secrets, and even level editors!


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home