8.20.2008

PBW: Balloon Fest

A few weeks ago, I headed out to the Metro NY Balloon Festival with B13. His sister-in-law had scored some tickets she couldn't use, which was fortunate for us, especially since we arrived too late to see the morning flights and too early for the afternoon flights. That would have been upsetting if it cost us anything. By the end of the day it started to rain, so I'm not even sure the balloons would have gone up anyway. Still, between bikers, monster trucks, bands, trucks, rides, pets and more, there was more than enough material for a Photo Blog Wednesday.

B13 asked me to hold off posting my photos for fear that they'd give away his latest ”What is It Friday?” I agreed, though I did post a comment about the image being someplace I would have been on a Sunday, which was true even though it might have led people to think it was a detail of a stained glass window, and not in fact the interior of a colorful balloon. He deleted that comment for fear that it would give too much away, though a comment from a ”Phileas F.” slipped under the radar, most likely in a balloon.



Yes, that is a rare self portrait in the reflection of a bike with a pretty sweet demonic paint job.





“This is gonna make a great WIIF!”







Tell me that isn't the creepiest Ronald MacDonald ever. I could have nightmares about that guy fighting The Burger King. He was like a cross between Pennywise and Joker.








I totally remember collecting the first series of Marvel Universe cards back in high school, my quest to complete the set and get all the bonus hologram cards. It was definitely cool to see the whole set in one uncut sheet hanging from one of the tents.

















And we'll conclude this week with a desktop image that puts you inside the big balloon. Click to enlarge and enjoy!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

And MCF ruins about a weeks worth of posts for me.

8/20/2008 12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, for the three of my readers that are among the 300 of your readers. ;-)

8/20/2008 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that definitely is a nightmare-inducing Ronald. As for the Marvel cards... I had uncut sheets of the first several sets because I wrote some of the cards during those olden days. Alas, those sheets are long gone. Which we will both find sad, because I much rather have given them to you than have my ex-wife toss them a decade ago.

8/20/2008 12:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Are you doing something different. You always took good pictures, but lately you seem to be posting some stunning shots.

8/20/2008 3:37 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

That bi... Say the word, J-No, say the word. I know people who know people who know people....

Thanks, Lyndon. I don't THINK I'm doing anything different; same camera I've been using the last 2 years. Maybe B13 has been a good influence. Maybe I've been taking so many pictures I've gotten better at it. Maybe I've just been lucky lately. Whatever it is, hopefully I'll keep doing it.

8/20/2008 8:57 PM  
Blogger Lyndon said...

I don't think it's luck. I believe your right, you've started taking so many photos, you recognize what makes a good shot.

8/21/2008 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home