1.15.2008

Faking The Band

Lyndon recently posted an interesting method of creating a fake album cover:

1. The first article title on the Wikipedia Random Articles page is the name of your band.

2. The last four words of the very last quotation on the Random Quotations page is the title of your album.

3. Any appropriate picture in Flickr's Creative Commons licensed photos will be your album cover.

4. Use your graphics program of choice to throw them together, and post the result.


I've decided to try my hand at creating not one group, but three. This will increase the chances of my music career taking off and give me a chance to get some design exercise. I'm going to use my own photos, but otherwise follow the instructions above.


National Insurance Academy, “Credit, They Eventually Find”.


Fiery Browed Myna, “Called Me A Quitter”.


Kyr, “Why I Have One”.

Now all I need is a little music, and a lot of luck....

3 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

That first one is so 80s... but I really like them all.

1/15/2008 12:33 AM  
Blogger Lyndon said...

Damn those were awesome, you really went above and beyond. Mine looks like crap, compared to them!!

If I ever get a band, I'm hiring you to do the cover art.

1/15/2008 6:43 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Just absolutely brilliant.

1/16/2008 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home