10.05.2007

Recycled TITMT

When I started this blog, I checked things like Statcounter, Technorati, and the TTLB Ecosystem daily. I was happy when my numbers spiked, sad when they dropped, and content when they remained consistent. At some point, I enjoyed the steady collection of readers and friends I had gained, and numbers were less important. I checked less frequently, and eventually not at all.

This week, Janet asks her readers “What are some of the weirdest searches that brought people to your site?” I remember incorporating the phrase “demon lesbian consorts” into an early film review, a post that still gets hits from related keyword searches. I remember when Rey and I figured out a way to mess with Curt, picking words out of context in order on various pages of his site, enough that his page would come up first in a search and he'd see an unusual sentence or five when he checked his logs. It's been a while since I looked at that stuff otherwise.

So, in order to answer this week's question, I'll have to dust off my Statcounter access. It took a few tries to remember my password, but I'm in. I'm not sure why I only average about 6 readers a day right now, but that could explain why I haven't gotten many responses for next week's Cloakfest. Maybe something's off with the site's algorithm, or maybe I need to promote more. In any case, that's a tangent to deal with another time. Here now are the weirdest keywords currently bringing folks to the Nexus:

”funniest movies of all times”

“hey there delilah is the song legit”

“muse black holes and revelations blogspot”

“where do i get spider scents in dragonfable”

”smallville kryptonian symbol burned yard”

”dragonfable online no screen door”

“SNL mock commercial for spray on hair kit”

”that new song about superman?”

”"four years" without dentist”

“meaning of broken wheel flower arrangement”


Huh. Note to self: Write more weird shazbot to bring in more readers via random searches...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

Hi! Just catching up after wedding, post-wedding and post-post wedding trauma. I am one of your steady 6, and can't think of any good reason why I shouldn't be one of 66. I hope I still havae time to respond to the Perilous Quiz---I've promised myself to catch up on all my blogreading today, so I don't imagine I'll write, but I'd hater to miss it.

10/05/2007 10:55 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

You've had every reason not to be among the steady 6 this week Lorna. No worries, and congratulations btw! :)

(MCF-ish thought #3749: the "Steady 6" would be a great name for a team of superheroes, maybe ones with really good balance)

10/05/2007 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home