10.13.2007

Cloakfest 2K7: Predictions & OMNIPerilous!



Cloakfest 2K7 concludes! I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has stuck by me, not just these last few days, but over the last 3 years. Relationships change online just as they do in real life, and people don't always have time for all the same things they once did. I apologize if I seemed too disappointed or critical yesterday.

It has been a good year for me, a year of great change and blessings in disguise. In some ways my life has improved, but I do miss my old status quo sometimes. We all find comfort in the things we can count on, things we take for granted. We know the sun will shine the next morning, and even if there's inclement weather, the sun will eventually return. We know when the news is on and when our favorite shows are airing, and our radio stations are mostly consistent, even if one of mine did go all-talk for a year before reverting back to normal.

Some things we can predict better than others. One year ago, my readers and I made some predictions. Some were jokes, others serious, and a few turned out to be true. Darrell said that ”...a number of things will happen to a number of people. Some of these things, or ‘events,' will be good. Some will be bad. Others will be just, like, whatever.” I'm shaking at how accurately that described my year. He was right about Britney Spears appearing nude even if he was wrong about it being on an album cover, and he called Robert Altman's death a month before it happened. Kev Bayer was right about me coming up with new methods of driving traffic to my site, though I wonder how COMMON and Perilous! really stack up against their predecessors. I feel I have my work cut out for me in my fourth year.

What else did you predict? I wish Scott had been right about gas prices, but he was right about the messiah, the president, and his own silliness. Otis thankfully was wrong with all of his predictions. A keytar revival wouldn't have been so bad, but if Darrell deleted his blogs or Gary Coleman released a sex tape, the world would be a much darker place. Of course, while Darrell didn't delete any blogs, he did officially cease posting at Film Geeks. At least the archives remain intact. And instead of a child star from the ‘70s and ‘80s doing something risqué, it was someone more current. Otis had a working crystal ball; it was just really, really fuzzy.

What did I predict? I didn't buy a house, and it was a good thing I decided not to when the following prediction came true: ”Something horrible and unlikely will befall me, but I'll survive to write a really engaging post about it.” I don't know how “engaging” that post was, but I definitely survived something “horrible and unlikely”. I didn't get a girlfriend, but I did scare some off with Transformers references. And of course, I did post a minimum of 365 times, with Rey's latest kid giving me an excuse for a bonus 366th post. Well done, my friend.

So, do I make predictions for next year? Maybe I should just ask questions, the way commercials for television shows do. Maybe I'll even go movie trailer style.

WILL MCF ever move out of his parent's house?

WHEN will he finally get a new car? Or a girlfriend for keeps?

WHAT was the significance of the UFO dream and WHY are there scratching sounds from inside the walls?

HOW LONG will our hero survive his new job?

WHAT is the deal with traffic, and WHY do some people overreact to small things?

WHY was I on my back in the cafeteria for half an hour?

WHAT is in the tan pouch under my desk?

And...what has I got in my pockettssss?


Well, those questions won't be answered in this post; you'll just have to look for these answers over the next 365 posts, which you can count on. But I do have some questions and answers for today. OMNIPerilous! meet the blogosphere; blogosphere, meet OMNIPerilous! . Below are 20 questions with 20 answers. Most or perhaps all the answers are paired with the wrong questions. Match the right questions to the right answers. While I was originally going to make this a 24 hour competition, I think giving people the whole weekend is more realistic. When I post Phantasmic Links at the end of this weekend, I'll award TWO fragments of the Mysterious Master Prize™ to whomever matches the most correctly, and that could be more than one reader in the event of a tie.

20 Questions.
20 Answers.
Match as many as possible.

Ready? Let's go!

1) How many Aunts does MCF have on his father's side?
A) 3

2) On the new series Chuck, what is the main character's last name?
B) Barton.

3) What was one of the weaknesses of the Green Lantern's ring?
C) Carrots.

4) If my car were an Autobot, its name would be what?
D) Martin.

5) In my dreams, I've never been aboard a submarine: true or false?
E) False.

6) How many girls did I like in my high school?
F) One.

7) What was Mockingbird's husband's surname?
G) Muffin.

8) What color are MCF's walls?
H) Yellow.

9) What is my mother's maiden name?
J) Bartowski.

10) Which Metallica song was their first to appear in a music video?
K) “And Justice For All.”

11) Who once chased me into traffic?
L) Springer.

12) Who's a sword wielding cartoon character?
M) Sheira.

13) What is the name of the first cat that MCF remembers his mom having?
N) Blue.

14) Are any of these questions paired with a correct answer?
O) Yes.

15) Where would I consider Martin Lawrence gave his defining performance?
P) Bluestreak.

16) I've died in my dreams before: True or False?
Q) True.

17) What's the lamest super hero name I ever came up with?
R) Zero.

18) How many people do I expect will actually try this game?
S) Four.

19) Thanks to having my finger stuck in my teacher's desk in third grade, what words did I have to speak while remaining seated?
T) Cold Snap.

20) What was the first vegetable flavor that baby MCF wrinkled his nose in disgust upon tasting?
U) I can't reveal that.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

01)R
02)J
03)H
04)B
05)Q
06)S
07)L
08)N
09)U
10)F
11)D
12)M
13)G
14)O
15)P
16)E
17)T
18)A
19)K
20)C

10/13/2007 2:26 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

It's gonna take me a while to catch up with everything, I'm running a bit behind on Cloakfest. But I am glad to have finally gotten the last piece of the puzzle that enabled me to completely unmask MCF. I'll catch up early next week, meanwhile, have a great weekend!

10/13/2007 1:20 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Thank you Darrell. I chuckled and chortled a full minute, then imagined the laughter coming from your unmasked version, then lost it completely. I'm quite insane; I think it's the lack of a nose.

10/13/2007 8:32 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I think they are all omniperfectly matched already.

10/14/2007 2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home