10.09.2007

MCF's Perilous 4.II Questions

Last week brought us a second round in the fourth season of MCF's Perilous!, a game that's far less complicated than my system for numbering it. Only a few fragments of the Mysterious Master Prize™ remain, and once more one is at stake. This round is over, and next week's will determine who gets the latest piece.

In MCF's Perilous! I provide 10 answers for which you, my readers, have to come up with the corresponding questions and post them on your blogs. Scoring is as follows:

1 pt=each question
2 pts=each question that matches MCF's
-1 pt=any sentences not in question form, or forgetting a question mark
15 pts=Bonus for the Best Question


Each series has three rounds, at the end of which the player with the most points gets the prize.

Here's the current score for series 4:

Round 1: Lorna R1 25
Round 2: Lorna R2 8
Total: 33

Round 1: Darrell R1 11
Round 2: Darrell R2 11
Total: 22

Round 2: Sean R2 21
Total: 21

Though at my expense, I had to give Sean the 15 point bonus for question #3. Mazel Tov!

I need to get some exercise but first, what was I thinking when I wrote these answers?

1. I'm hoping it's just dormant right now.
Since losing my gym, have I lost my power to run fast for long periods of time?

2. I'm no lizard.
If I cut off one of my toes, would it grow back?

3. At least two.
How many questions this week will be inspired or influenced by Heroes?

4. Eat fresh-ish.
What, in my opinion, should Subway's slogan be?

5. No, I cut all of them.
“MCF, did you cut your hair?”

6. Less than two months' ago.
When was the photo taken for this year's Cloakfest revelation?

7. 333.
Which recurring number acts as my ”The Number 23”?

8. Small square, long rectangle, large square, small square, long rectangle, tall rectangle, small square...
What is the pattern of my linoleum?

9. A dead crow.
What was on the lawn at my job for far too long, especially after landscapers moved it near a tree so they could get by with a lawnmower?

10. Duncan, Casey, Mohannan, Antonio, The Kisser, Jonas.
Can you list some of Elias Koteas' roles?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

Between puppies, work and Halo I have been so busy that I've missed out on "Perilous" :(

10/09/2007 10:54 AM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

re number 9: I just mow over the deceased if it's small enough, unless it's still ...fresh.

10/09/2007 6:33 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

A) The Crow was HUGE, like cat-sized

and

B) Eww.

Also, B13's time is 93% occupied by Halo, and 7% occupied by those other things he mentioned. ;)

10/09/2007 7:25 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

MCF, I haave to challenge you---I questioned 9 answers. I thought I should get double points for using the same answer twice! And I'm sorry I demanded you to describe your grade 6 buddies.

10/09/2007 10:16 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Each question is worth one point, but the lack of a question mark is a negative one point, not a zero. So you got 9 points for the questions and minus 1 for the statement, 9-1=8.

I realize then that I erred in scoring Sean. 5 questions=5 points but 5 statements=-5, leaving him with 0. I gave him 1 point partial credit for the Elias Koteas one, and 15 points for the best question, so his score should be 16, not 21.

10/10/2007 12:20 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

challenge withdrawn.

10/11/2007 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home