10.12.2007

Flipping COMMON.



Cloakfest 2K7 continues! For day three of this four day celebration, I wanted to flip COMMON, and asked readers to send me lists of four things. I would then guess the common bonds of each group. The one thing the four people who probably still read this blog have in common is that they didn't send me anything. The moral of the story is not to ask other people to do my writing.

In all seriousness though, I did notice a disturbing commonality as I combed my archives for yesterday's Essential links. In the past year, I resorted to more memes than ever before, and not all of my creation. Many “posts” were little more than massive collections of YouTube videos. There was a lot of filler, because my life got complicated when I found out I needed to look for another job before the Summer ended. It's a bit of an excuse, but it's the best reason I have for slacking off. If readership is down, it's my own fault, both in not having time to comment on other blogs, and in not providing enough interesting and unique content on my own site.

The good news is, I recognize the need for change.

What does this mean for the 2K7-2K8 season? How can I shake things up and offer content that will overcome reader fatigue? I'm sure I'll still come up with memes of my own, and participate in those of others. I'd be lying if I said I'd never post another video. I'll try to find more places to take my camera since even I get tired of beaches, woods, and squirrels. There was stuff going on in my life during the Summer, essential stuff that I simply couldn't write about at the time. Going forward, I think it's merely a question of balance. Whenever possible, in between the light posts will be significant posts, and I'll return to writing about my life, because that's easier than living it.

”Sorry I've been away so long. I won't let you down again.”--Superman II

That being said, I'm still in the mood for a game. Feel free to play COMMON in the comments section. Post lists of four and I or other readers can guess what they have in common. If not, that's cool too, and hopefully I'll see you all for the exciting conclusion to this week's celebration.


* * *



Cloakfest 2K7 concludes tomorrow as I explore the outcome of last year's predictions and debut the lightning fast OmniPerilous!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Neb said...

What can I say, readers are lazy. At least most of the time. Congrats on 3 years!

10/12/2007 3:05 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

neb! Awesome, always glad when a SPUniverser surfaces, and even better in the middle of a blog "event"! Thanks for the congrats!

10/12/2007 6:12 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I WANTED to send you a common list, but I actually couldn't think of any that didn't have to do with cosmetics, the world of dance or my grandchildren. Sorry.

10/14/2007 2:18 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

No worries; it's the thought that counts. And there would have been nothing wrong with cosmetics, the world of dance, or your grandchildren. :)

10/14/2007 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home