8.08.2007

PBW: Windows Upgrade

After months(years?) of searching for windows close enough to our old Spanish style stucco house's original casement windows, my dad finally found some that my mom approved of, in both cost and appearance. He found a pretty good window guy to put them in, although he tried to do some of the preliminary work himself, leading to some bickering. Still, in the end, it all worked out okay. I came home the day after arguing with my dad about a stripped screw, only to find the old windows mangled and stacked at the foot of our driveway. Pristine new windows now adorned our dining room, and inspired a Photo Blog Wednesday.








Behind that last old window there's a shade. Beyond the shade you'd find a yellow curtain, two dress shirts, and a jacket. Beyond that, lies a radiator with stacks of clean laundry, because my bureau drawers are full and the ones that aren't are blocked by stacks of DVDs. Somewhere in there is a very nasty looking, and very fast black spider with white markings. The first time I tried to kill it I missed. The second time, I was certain it was crushed, yet it ran and fell into darkness once I lifted the tissue covering it, and I haven't been able to find it since. It's going to be very hard to sleep in here until I find a body, a living adversary to kill for good, or forget about the encounter. I digress. Beyond all of that is my room, where magic like this happens. On a more pleasant note, my mom was fairly proud of these flowers growing in front of our house and its windows:







Those last two shots were windows in some random office building, certainly not one in which I've ever called a cubicle my own. Hey, look what Otis etched inside an elevator:



I'm going to close with a squirrel eating melon seeds over a concrete planter in our driveway, the sight that greeted me through my windshield as I arrived home on Tuesday night. And I'm going to try really hard not to think about spiders...


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

At first I tought you installed an atrium in your house ;) Nice windows... now we have to talk you in to air conditioning (I hear that spiders don't like the cold)...

8/08/2007 9:53 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I was fooled by the atrium thing too. "La de da" I said.

8/08/2007 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home