8.15.2007

PBW: Land of Lake

Someday I’m going to own a house. I know that, in addition to money, a house devours time and effort. A person has to work for years to afford a house, and then additional years improving it before he can really relax and enjoy it. Still, when you have a place of your own, I imagine the end result is satisfying enough motivation to do all the shopping and cleaning and painting and other necessary tasks. Some friends of mine recently bought their first house, and at a barbecue over the weekend I learned that they live within walking distance of a lake. As awesome as owning a place to invite my friends to would be, living that close to nature would be even better. I got some interesting shots of things around the yard and things down by the lake, and had they been a little slower and more cooperative, I might have had bats for this week’s Photo Blog Wednesday as well.











How sick is that spider? We noticed it when we were leaving, spinning a web between the garage and a parked car, and it actually was about the size of my thumb. I have some more recent insect photos to share as well, but for the faint of heart I’ll save those for another day. Instead, cleanse your visual palette with this shot of my cat Chirp:

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Nessie!

8/15/2007 2:39 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

You should be able to buy a house on the proceeds if you were to get a showing for your photos.

8/18/2007 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home