8.13.2007

Phantasmic Links 8.13.07

Sunday night, carrying laundry down the stairs, I thought I heard a high pitched sound in my basement. I held my breath, in case it was me wheezing or my nose whistling. It stopped, so I proceeded, satisfied. As I worked, I'd hear noises and think the pipes were squeaking. Then I happened to see movement out of the corner of my eye, as a small camel cricket darted under the washing machine. It was about a quarter of the size of the last one I saw almost a year ago. Still, I'm not going back down there for a while. I think I'll stick to safer pursuits, like clicking this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

In case you missed it, congratulations are in order for Rey.

A cat makes a difficult RPG decision. HT: J-No.

Minesweeper the Movie will blow away all other video game movies. Hat Tip: Wendy.

The Sorted Books Project results in some interesting assessments of collections once spines are read consecutively.

Speaking of interesting juxtapositioning, check out these unfortunate and hilarious ad placements. HT: B13.

Can you place 8 Queens on a Chess board without having any of them in the path of each other?

If Chess isn't your thing, maybe you can figure out Where's An Egg?

When a reporter interviews an average guy, he gets more than he bargained for in this short film. HT: Curt.

This takes me back: The 50 greatest TV commercials of the ‘80s.

Now you can make Tartan patterns any time you need to. I don't know that I'd ever need to...HT: J-No.

Now you can make a Maglight into a powerful laser! I don't know that I'd ever need to...HT: B13.

How high can you build Thor Towers? My current record is 29...

Finally, this Tennis game vexed me until I got the hang of it and learned how to aim a little better. Definitely one to obsess over.









Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Curt said...

Remember, Wayvidd, I'm not quite as paranoid about my privacy as you. It's okay to tell people I wrote and acted in the short film you linked to, and that that's why you're linking it.

8/13/2007 11:35 AM  
Blogger Curt said...

That sounds snarkier than I intended. Please read my last comment as if it includes a :) at the end.

8/13/2007 11:45 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Great set of links, especially the cat playing the RPG game. I loved the commercials from the 80's, but I can't believe they didn't include the Noid.

8/13/2007 5:56 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

How could they Avoid the Noid? Kool-Aid Man is also conspicuously absent; OH YEAH!

Better safe than sorry Curt; I didn't want to assume it was okay and give you a green light to retaliate by linking to all the videos of ME on YouTube or my MySpace Page. ;)

It's not paranoia if They're after you, is it?

8/13/2007 8:19 PM  
Blogger Curt said...

Admittedly, a hypochondriac isn't impervious to germs, but that doesn't make him any less crazy.

8/14/2007 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home