8.14.2007

MCF's Common Bondz 1

MCF's COMMON. turned out to be quite fun. There will definitely be more of these. No one guessed all the common bonds between the elements in each of the five groups I supplied, but many got most right through impressive deductive reasoning and educated guesses. Thank you all for playing along:

Rey.

Lyndon.

B13.

Lorna.

Jeff.

Some answers could be found with a little research. Others could be obtained or guessed if people knew me in real life or have been reading long enough to get a sense of me.

20 items. 5 COMMON bonds:

GROUP 1
(A) O'Neill.
(B) Tigh.
(C) Sanders.
(D) Klink.
Jack O'Neill, Saul Tigh, Harland Sanders, and Wilhelm Klink are all Colonels.

GROUP 2
(A) Cindy.
(B) Peter.
(C) Samson.
(D) Munchkin.
Cindy, Peter, Samson, and Munchkin are all names of cats, beloved departed family pets.

GROUP 3
(A) Sushi.
(B) Cauliflower.
(C) Calamari.
(D) Escargot.
Sushi, Cauliflower, Calamari, and Escargot are all foods I won't eat.

GROUP 4
(A) Liquidator.
(B) Junkyard.
(C) Brain.
(D) Ms. Lion.
Liquidator, Junkyard, Brain, and Ms. Lion are all cartoon dogs.

GROUP 5
(A) House.
(B) Clock.
(C) Romano.
(D) Chandler.
Gregory House, Molly Clock, Robert “Rocket” Romano, and Phillip Chandler are all doctors from television shows.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

I'll trick you... er... get you to eat sushi yet!

*waves fist in the air.

8/14/2007 12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll win one of these contests you have someday!

So what's the deal with the cauliflower? I could understand the rest of the items on your list. But the cauliflower seems kind of out of place.

Sushi isn't as bad as you think it is. Give it a try, it will make for an interesting post. Just knock back a few Sapporo's or Asahi (beer)and you'll be ready for anything.

Or are we going to have to make fun of you Marty McFly style and call ya a CHICKEN!!!

8/14/2007 8:41 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I decided not to google for answers but now I wish I had, as I'd forgotten how much I loved ER, even though I couldn't remember that Dr Romano was that guy I loved to hate.

8/14/2007 7:18 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

I remember when ER was Must See. I gradually lost interest as the original cast kept leaving to pursue careers in film, only to mostly disappear completely(with the exception of Clooney and Marguiles). By the time Romano had his first helicopter mishap, I was only watching once in a while, and by the time he had his SECOND one I heard about it from my mom and later read some probably valid criticisms online. I sometimes forget it's still on, then occasionally flip over and see Bend it Like Beckham and Uncle Jesse and the girl from Newsradio. I guess it's become a nighttime soap or final resting place for stars of film and other tv shows.

Romano was good though; the perfect jerk. At least the former Robocop villain was freed up to do 24 last season.

8/14/2007 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home