5.03.2007

VOTE MCF

”I nominated ya.”

Cautiously, I clicked the link that B13 sent me following that statement. I have to admit, being nominated for having the “Best Geek Blog”(and ”Best Blog About Stuff”) cracked me up. Besides being funny in itself, I love how fully immersed B13 has become in the world of blogging. The same friend who once wrote, ”This will not be updated every day (honestly I don't think I can be THAT committed) but I will add new photos and new thoughts as I find the time.”, now posts daily and participates in online awards. Another of my circle succumbs to my addiction. Awesome.

I subsequently returned the favor, and soon discovered a new addiction as I began nominating other favorites from my blogroll and voting for celebrities. I lost a good chunk of my afternoon, and will have to explain to my boss why I didn't get some things done for him, but I've always been easily distrac--hey, Jessica Alba...

At some point, I stopped compulsively nominating and did finish my work for the day. Don't feel bad if I didn't nominate your blog; I think you can nominate yourself and I'll definitely vote for my readers. The important thing is you vote for me in both categories. You can vote for as many people as you like actually, just not the same person in the same category more than once. I am prepared to offer an incentive as well, because I'm both competitive and self-conscious, and for once my opposing traits are working in perfect harmony. Should I actually win this thing in either of the categories for which I've been nominated, as a special “thank you” I will decloak for one day. For one day I will post a real, recent photo of myself. You've read correctly.

Have I lost my mind? I don't think so. As of now I have a whopping 3 votes for each designation. I have a long way to go to reach 324 or 272; I don't have nearly that many regular readers. And between now and October, when voting ends, I suspect those numbers will grow exponentially. So I think the risk of actually having to post my mug is slim, but worth it. And I should point out the rules to anyone considering registering hundreds of accounts. Cheating will lead to my disqualification, and no one wants that. Tell your friends, tell your family, or campaign any other legitimate ways you can think of to increase my votes. Let's play a fair game.

So, thanks again to B13 for the nominations! I'll do my best to live up to my categories and remain geeky and verbose about stuff. I don't know if I'll come in first place, but the journey to see how close I get should be fun for all of us.

My site was nominated for Best Geek Blog!
My site was nominated for Best Blog About Stuff!

Other notable nominees:

The Art of Getting By

B13 Fotographica

Lorna in Wonderland

Rey's a Point

The Southern Conservative

Swimming in Champaign

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

You have my vote, sir. I've just voted for you and for others. And you have my appreciation for your nominations, although I find them very humbling.

5/03/2007 6:52 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

If MCF wins he will post a picture of himself for one day... If I win, I will post a picture of MCF for the life of my blog ;)

5/03/2007 1:41 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

B13: If I win, I will post a picture of MCF for the life of my blog

So now I gotta get everybody I know to vote for B13!

Or, I could just remove the black bar from my pic of him with his new tattoos.

5/03/2007 3:46 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Well, clearly I cut n' pasted the wrong link into my last comment (stupid tabbed browsing) ... but I think I'll leave it that way.

5/03/2007 3:48 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

I voted for several of y'all, but all y'all rawk!

5/03/2007 4:12 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

As an addendum anyone who votes for that stupid lolcats blog for best humor blog has no {dreadpiraterobertsvoice}soul{/dreadpiraterobertsvoice}.

5/03/2007 4:15 PM  
Blogger Lyndon said...

Looks like a good group of nominees, hope some of them win!

Well off to vote :-)

5/04/2007 12:16 AM  
Blogger RC said...

oh, believe me...you'll get a vote from me...the geek award is yours!

5/04/2007 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home