3.14.2007

PBW: Chelsea Mansion

Monday was a gorgeous day, a sign perhaps that Spring is hopefully right around the corner. I had taken a day off, and couldn't have chosen a better day to go on a Photo Blog Wednesday expedition.

The first time I took a camera to the Muttontown Preserve I got lost. The second time, the place was frozen and the entrance to the Chelsea Mansion was closed. Through a gap in a fence I ventured and found a gazebo that day, and had I followed the trail further, I would have found the beautiful estate, the ivory castle complete with a moat and pond and sculpted hedges. I had better luck this week, except for one slip crossing a stream that left me in the mud with some bruises and a thankfully unharmed camera.

Marvel at the architecture, at the ancient gates and structures that would inspire a background designer for the Resident Evil games. The place is sadly closed at night, but I'm sure I'd feel like I was in R.E. if I wandered through this place armed with only a flashlight, especially when I came across an odd quartet of chairs in the middle of the woods. I also found what I thought were the graves of horses near the house, based on the names on the stones, but when I showed my mom the photos she thought it was more likely the final resting place of canines. In the end, I found myself back at the gazebo I was at a few months ago, and so another section of Long Island has been successfully charted.









































Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

I always like your pics. I especially like the rusty gate. But what's with the bloody footprints on that last pic?

BTW, the apple.com site has a new trailer up for Resident Evil: Extinction

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/residentevilextinction/

3/14/2007 12:20 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

that was as good as a vacation. A scary vacation.

3/14/2007 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home