3.12.2007

Phantasmic Links 3.12.07

Did you all remember to set your clocks ahead for the new Daylight saving time, if it affected you? Some devices, like my VCR and my computer, will have to be set again in a month or so when they think it's time to jump ahead an hour. I adjusted fine myself, although somehow lost most of Sunday to Marvel Ultimate Alliance instead of dealing with three or four more important things on my to-do list. Procrastination will be my downfall. On the plus side, I completed a good portion of the second act and got to play the original Pitfall as Spider-man, in a surprising mini-game. Now, all that's left to do is to compile this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

I'm afraid that I'm starting with sad news: comedian Richard Jeni has died of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Is China blocking your site? They're blocking my site, but not that of Darrell, who sent me the link. First they take Jack Bauer and now this.

Speaking of Bauer, what if he delivered pizza for a living? This hilarious speculation was sent to me by Rey.

The shire is real! It's a geek real estate dream come true, courtesy of J-No.

Take a high speed tour of Roosevelt Island! This video is a great idea that I may have to steal, so don't be surprised if I mount a camera on the MCFmobile and set it to some perfectly appropriate music some time in the future.

This is the most unfortunate name for a business, ever...

Video game fan art meets fine art. This one in particular speaks to me.

In other art news, B13 found this speed drawing of Scarlett Johansson while Rey posted a link to one of Lost's Locke. I like this whole speed painting video trend, and in general seeing the artistic process.

As a reminder of something I linked to the other day, don't forget B13's “What is it Friday?”, the first of a new series on his blog in which readers have to guess what they're looking at a detail of. He described the first one as “easy”, but so far it's proved to be anything but easy....

Shawshank in a Minute rightfully wins a video contest.

Star Wars® goes Steampunk. Hat tip to Sean.

Tabuto is simple and addictive, like the best games. How long can you keep your mouse under falling cards before missing 20? I got to level 6 with a score over 300K, and my best consecutive run was 115. Once you start, you might not stop...


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lyndon said...

Some great links MCF! Apparently my site isn't blocked in China, yet we both use Blogger. Hmm, is it a conspiracy against you my mysterious friend?

3/12/2007 2:53 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

Mine is not blocked... now is the perfect time for me to post those naked pics of MCF!

3/12/2007 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home