2.19.2006

Phantasmic Links 2.19.06

Some days it's impossible to be comfortable. Currently, it's FREEZING outside. When I got home last night it was about 15 degrees but felt like THREE with the wind. But when I awoke at 6 AM, I could barely breathe in the sauna-like conditions of my room. Today has been much the same. As soon as it gets cold we put the heat up, but it quickly becomes stifling. There's no middle ground. Somehow, I managed to get a lot done on my computer despite these temperature extremes, and that includes the compilation of this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Wednesday, March 1st remains the deadline to send Myclofig nominations to MCFSPU@hotmail.com. My profound thanks to those who've voted already. If you'd like to further support the Myclofigs and make it a truly special event, follow the instructions at the end of this link to help spread the word!

If you don't buy Gargoyles Season 2 Part 1, Season 2 Part 2 may not be released! Pick one up if you're a fan of the show, or even if you're curious about tight animation and modern epic fantasy. It would really be a shame if only half of the best season was available.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnhhhh! Hrrrrnh trrr rrr Xtine.

I present Office Space, as portrayed by the Superfriends.

Marvel at the 10 Best Sci Fi Films that Never Existed, courtesy of Sean. I know I’d like to see a few of these...

Jamie Dawn posted a rather addictive game called “Hows and Bys”. Without looking at the other comments, post an answer starting with the word “by” followed by an unrelated question starting with the word “how”, then see how your comment works as a response to the prior one.

Welcome to The Simpsons house...for real.

On a related note, The Bobacabana takes fandom and home ownership to a whole new level of indulgent geekiness. Hat tip to Kev Bayer.

Sad? I'mReallySad.com offers a random cute image to cheer you up.

Back in the ‘80s, consumers could turn to Ayds to achieve weight loss.

Fans of Questionable Content and Frank Miller should appreciate this hybrid of the two.

Can a Color Quiz really determine a person's psychological profile? Skeptical though I am, my results were surprisingly accurate in some regards. You can thank the Crazy Neighbor for this one.

Speaking of analysis, have you filled out my Johari Window? Posted on Tuesday and originally found at Sarcasmo's, it has inspired several other bloggers to create windows of their own, including J-No, Rey and Sean. It’s been an interesting exercise, and I’ll share my thoughts about it later this week.

Finally, I didn't expect this evolution game to be as addictive as it was. I can't seem to get past being a primate in the Miocene era, perhaps disproving the theory...if anyone evolves and has any tips how to get further in the game, please share them in the comments.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger DeAnn said...

Thank you, thank you for those awesome links. I had only seen two of them already (Chewie's blog and the 10 best sci-fi films that never existed).

So, hours of fun for me. Thanks!

2/19/2006 11:18 PM  
Blogger Rhodester said...

We've had a cold spell here in southern california too, so I totally relate to ya, bro- today it was about 52 and I had to put on a *gasp* JACKET!

That was at about 4 in the afternoon too, so right now it's even colder. It's 4 in the morning and damn, it must be about 40 outside! Good thing I'm inside with the heater going, otherwise I'd perish out there for sure.

2/20/2006 7:16 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

According to the color quiz, I'm a dark, brooding, self-centered, egotistical, arrogant, untidy, vulgar, nepharious, depressed, paranoid @$${}0!#. Of course, I don't take the test seriously because I am NOT untidy.

2/20/2006 8:18 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

OK, the Superfriends are hilarious. It makes me wish I had more time to play around with video editing.

And AYDS? I remember those! I think my mom had them around the house!

2/20/2006 11:05 AM  
Blogger cube said...

Thanks. So many great links, so little time. I wish more of it was free & unstructured.

2/21/2006 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home