1.22.2006

Phantasmic Links 1.22.06

My education continues. Today I learned:

1) Writing dialogue is HARD.

2) There probably will NOT be a fourth movie in the Back to the Future series, a rumor started when a quote from an interview with Michael J. Fox was taken out of context. However, there's a chance that there WILL be a movie made of Alias after the series ends this year, or a spinoff featuring Ron Rifkin, David Anders, and Amy Acker. Only time will tell if either of THESE rumors prove true...

3) No matter what, the Target nearest to my home will always offer at least one item that won't scan at the cash register, and can't be entered manually, stumping the cashier. My mom almost ended up with one less birthday present today.

4) I wish The Flash lasted more than one season. Watching it again on DVD has reminded me how good it was.

5) Actually, I wish I WAS The Flash. I'm going to start pushing myself on the treadmill again, try to get from running two miles a day back up to three. I slacked in 2005 and used late hours as an excuse.

6) The Last Boy Scout was a good movie. I've wanted to see it for FIFTEEN years now, but one thing or another kept me from it. For some reason I was expecting it to be bad, but by the time the credits rolled I felt like I did the first time I saw Lethal Weapon. Female readers should take my assessment with a grain of salt, as this is a GUY movie in its purest form, complete with explosions, grisley deaths, topless women, macho puns, guns that never need reloading, and one-dimensional villains.

7) There's always a different way to introduce this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Enjoy these Chuck Norris Facts, courtesy of Rey.

Do you want more? How about Young Chuck Norris? Hat tip to The Lonely Island's pal Chester.

My writing class requires me to do a lot of reading, and it's all stuff I love. For example, check out ”The Top 100 Things I'd Do if I Ever Became an Evil Overlord.”

If nothing else, the Mighty Moshin' Emo Rangers proves that there's a fan film for EVERYTHING.

Forget maps to the stars homes, this guy provides maps to popular video games. It's great seeing the different levels continuously, and my favorite is Super Mario Brothers.

Not ONE but TWO eagerly anticipated shows are finally coming to DVD this year!

An old college buddy used to define honor as knowing the three times you don't mess with a man. These soldiers clearly violate one of those three occasions. Hat tip to Citizen Willow.

Have fun with this Garfield randomizer.

Are robots actually stupid?

Ever wonder what you'd look like on The Simpsons? Thanks to Sarcasmo, now you can find out!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Wow, I didn't know Amy Acker was on Alias. I stopped watching it after season 3, looks like I'm going to have to check out season 5. Very cool.

Oh no way! Tick's coming out? That's great news. And I think Dave liked Darkwing Duck, so you've made us both happy with this news.

1/23/2006 4:07 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I guess I'll have to start my paper route---I couldn't not buy Darkwing Duck...

1/23/2006 10:49 AM  
Blogger avRAGEjoe said...

I heartily agree with you about the Flash. Show had some quirk and promise.

1/23/2006 4:46 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

I think everyone who blogs should be federally required to post a picture of themselves on the Simpsons.

Great "Evil Overlord" list. No, turning into a snake never helps. And vent ducts that are too small to crawl through... GENIUS!

1/24/2006 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home