2.27.2006

M.C.F.A.T. VIII: And the Answers are...

Blah blah blah Mysterious Cloaked Figure's Astonishing Test Volume VIII blah blah results blah blah filler text yada yada participants:

Lorna

Capt. Eucalyptus

Kelly

Wendy

*NAME HIDDEN*

Crazy Neighbor

Paul, just this guy, you know?

Neolithic

Sean

Darrell

Kev Bayer

Kev Bayer take 2

1) From any television show past or present, which character would you wish to have as a sidekick in real life? Valid answers include but are not limited to talking vehicles, intelligent animals, ghosts, sassy maids and more.
These questions are often influenced by whatever is on my mind at the time. In this case, I'd been watching the third season of Knight Rider on DVD. I'm sure I've shared this anecdote before, but when bullies would chase me in elementary school I'd often shout into my watch, “I need ya buddy!” When David Hasselhoff did the same thing, a nigh indestructible black Trans Am would crash through a wall and come to his aid. When I did it, I bought three seconds of confused glances before the bombardment began. Nevertheless, my answer to this question is still a no-brainer: KITT. Of course, my dream is sort of a reality for some people with more money and free time.

2) ”Guns ‘n Roses” might be releasing a new album this year. If you could hear a new CD from a band that's no longer together, possibly with deceased members, what band would that be?
After seeing A Hard Day's Night a few weeks ago, I'm sorry I never saw the Beatles in their prime and, with two members left alive, will never see a reunion. Capt. Eucalyptus called that an “easy answer”, but it's still where I was headed all along.

3) What's the worst thing a person could ask you on a job interview, and how would you respond?
“Can you hold this grenade for me? I seem to have dropped the pin...”
“In five years I see myself breathing. I have to go now.”

4) What do you consider your greatest weakness, and greatest strength?
My greatest strength is my endurance. The flipside of my trademark bad luck is that no matter how bad things get, I keep going. Even on a treadmill when I start to feel dizzy, and sweat stings my eyes shut, I remind myself that people are watching and I don't give in. I'm neither strong nor fast in mind or body but, like a persistent tortoise, I get where I need to be eventually. My greatest weakness is my passive acceptance of the state of things I'm subconsciously unhappy with, simply because I fear change might yield worse results. My strength enables my weakness, allowing me to deal with devils I know, rather than risk meeting ones I don't. Of course, according to this message board that I discovered linking to my site, my weakness could just be “whining”.

5) Who is your favorite game show host and why? If you don't watch game shows, you can skip this question or choose some random individual you'd enjoy as a host.
Perhaps it's just the way he carries himself, but Alex Trebek seems to know everything. He might be reading all the answers off of his cue cards, but he comes across as sincerely intelligent. Some hosts seem smarmy or stupid, but he seems clean-cut, honest and respectable.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Scott Roche said...

Re: Question one. Crazy wins with a really close second by Sean.

2/28/2006 8:34 AM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

Sorr, I meant Paul, not Crazy.

2/28/2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I think your greatest strength is insight, closely followed by your powers of description---are you available to write my eugooogly?

2/28/2006 4:03 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

This reminds me...did I share this link to this excellent t-shirt with you yet?:)

http://www.glarkware.com/securestore/c181846p16471415.2.html

2/28/2006 6:47 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

That's an awesome shirt J, although I'm not exactly a "girlie small" over here. ;)

Lorna, I'd be honored, but hopefully not anytime soon, ok?

Cap...what? Did you mean the second question with the Beatles?

2/28/2006 7:56 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

No I meant that Paul and Sean both had excellent answers for question one but Paul's gave him a slight edge.

3/01/2006 7:57 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

Ah, my bad, I was thinking Paul McCartney and Sean Lennon and you meant the bloggers.

3/01/2006 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home