2.26.2006

Phantasmic Links 2.26.06

Wow, yesterday was really overstimulating for me! I had a hard time getting to sleep, my mind processing the day's adventure, and I definitely didn't want to get up early and go to church this morning. Tragically, I couldn't tell you what my priest talked about because my mind continued to wander back twenty-four hours and because clocking in at an hour-and-a-half, it seems Sunday mass has gotten a lot longer than I remembered. On Saturday afternoon they're not more than an hour, usually. When I got home, I sat down to work on my homework for my writing class, neglected for nearly a week and due this Tuesday. Instead, feeling tired, I lay down for a minute that turned in to three hours.

I've gotten used to the idea that being an adult entails embracing a routine, going to work every day and having the same dinners on the same nights of the week. Monday is pasta, Tuesday is chicken and potatoes, etc. Deviating from such an “exciting” life often feels like an injection of caffeine directly to my brain. I like it, but it takes time for me to come back down to reality. Still, I managed to be productive and finish my class assignment as well as compile this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Wednesday, March 1st remains the deadline to send Myclofig nominations to MCFSPU@hotmail.com. That's right, you only have a few days left to vote! See the movies you haven't seen if possible, vote for the ones you have, and e-mail me by Wednesday. If you'd like to further support the Myclofigs and make it a truly special event, follow the instructions at the end of this link to help spread the word! Special thanks to the following blogs gracious enough to include my banner: The Chronicles of Rhodester, My Wife Works in a Video Store, and Willow Crossing. Visit those sites because they rock! If you've put up a banner and I missed it, let me know and I'll update this list.

The crowd situation at the convention yesterday was unprecedented, and already the organizers are considering options to prevent a recurrence next year. The more I read about this and see it on the news, the more I realize how uncharacteristically lucky I was to get in!

The Cliff Guy collects sketches from comic book artists of various characters and precipices.

Do you think you have what it takes to resolve a hostage situation at a bank by commanding a unit of skilled bears? Warbears is a funny and cute challenge that offers you the chance to prove it.

Arbuckle is a project in which Garfield comics are redrawn, sans thought balloons, to present a very different image of the sad life of Jon Arbuckle. The site has information about submitting strips, and apparently anyone can join in the fun!

Based on the presupposition that all guys are imperceptive, MSN lists the four signs that a woman is interested, or “four things that MCF has never encountered.”

Now that the Johari exercise has concluded, visit my Nohari window and let me know my negative qualities. Hat tip to Janet.

Three dimensional images in the air take us yet another step into the future. I love when science fiction becomes science fact.

Toy Story 2 merges with Requiem for a Dream, combining two movies that were great for VERY different reasons. Hat tip to Sarcasmo, as well as Sean. Video contains strong language; viewer discretion is advised.

A zombie called “Myclofig” now wanders the streets in Urban Dead. Will you join him as a fellow zombie or battle him as another survivor?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Toy Story and Requiem for a Dream are two of my favorite movies.

Just thought I'd say that.

2/27/2006 5:25 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Visited your Nohari window, and since the only characteristic I clicked was "timid", I couldn't participate. Good for you.

2/27/2006 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home