8.27.2010

MCF's Perilous Series 5.I

Once upon a time, there was a game I dubbed MCF's Perilous!, and it was good. I thought so, anyway. It started near the end of 2006, and throughout 2007 evolved into something with very confusing numbering. I believe I used arabic numerals to denote series of posts, and roman numerals to denote individual posts(or rounds) within each series, which would make this the start of a possible 5th series(or season). It's been three years since I retired this feature.

MCF's Perilous! is a quiz in reverse. I post ten answers. You get to come up with the corresponding questions and post them on your blogs, leaving a link to your post in the comments below(or if you prefer, just comment with your questions directly). If that sounds suspiciously like JEOPARDY!, I can only say, “Hey, what's that over there!” and move on when you look away.

Initially, the points didn't matter. Then I worked out this elaborate prize system in which people won some mysterious JPEG which was in fact one of twelve fragments of a picture of my real face(The Mysterious Master Prize™), some of which were inverted to make the puzzle even more challenging. I lost track of who got which pieces, but I'm pretty sure no one person ever got more than three, and I don't think any readers formed alliances to join their fragments. In any case, we're back to doing this just for fun, so no prizes, lame or otherwise. The points just count for bragging rights.

We'll see what kind of a response this edition gets before I plan other rounds in series five. At this point, I'm sure some of you are wondering just how you can get points when, in many cases, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to guess what question I'm thinking of. Scoring is somewhat subjective, but I do have a pretty simple system:

1 pt=each question
2 pts=each question that matches MCF's
-1 pt=any sentences not in question form, or forgetting a question mark
15 pts=Bonus for the Best Question


The “Best Question” is the funniest or most creative one that, though it doesn't match the one I was looking for, deserves to be rewarded. I remember what you folks came up with back in the day, and I've seen some of that creativity shine through recently in MCF's COMMON. You probably won't guess what I'm thinking, but you get points just for trying, just for even writing a QUESTION, and you might get a lot of points if you think of something great.

Will you face the perils below and attain the maximum points possible? Here are the first 10 answers for this game:

1. PRND HC FE

2. “Excess Vegation”

3. Mostly ones I already knew or could figure out with the information I'd been presented.

4. Fish Biscuits

5. Because I was in my underwear at the time.

6. Mark Millar.

7. Because he's known for writing such strong female characters.

8. They sent me the third one first.

9. It would have been very awesome, but then they would probably have killed him in the first scene and someone like Jesse Eisenberg would have had to step in.

10. Beer.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

1. What was MCF's drunken reply when asked for his number by the cute chick at karaoke night?

2. What is all that "extra" Vegation called?

3. What questions am I currently posting as answers in question form?

4. What do b13's dogs jump through hoops for?

5. Why didn't MCF investigate that noise coming from outside his bedroom window?

6. Rallim Kram?

7. Why does he get all the ladies?

8. How do you answer "that"?

9. Shouldn't he have sprouted wings?

10. Wine?

8/27/2010 10:34 AM  
Blogger Spockgirl said...

I might yet take a gander at the questions. The reason I'm posting comment right now is totally UNrelated. I'm wondering if you noticed, or heard about the events around NYC area to celebrate Air Force Week - see http://newpreview.afnews.af.mil/afweek/newyorkcity,ny,24-29aug10/index.asp
Of course it ends Sunday I think... Cool things to see and perhaps would have been great stuff for your PBW.

8/27/2010 5:48 PM  
Blogger Spockgirl said...

1. What sound does MCF make when he sneezes?
2. What did you receive from the person at the counter when you requested lettuce and tomato on a Bacon Cheeseburger at McDonalds?
3. What kind of questions were you asked by co-workers who came to you with technical difficulties?
4. What would be the opposite of Toss Cookies to neanderthal man?
5. What was your answer to a Jehovah’s Witness who asked you why you didn’t answer the door the last time?
6. Who is your favourite Scottish comic book writer from the 1990s? (Sorry I had to google that one)
7. Why is Joss Whedon one of your favourite tv series writers?
8. How did you manage to complete the third project before the first and second?
9. How would Michael Cera have fared in Lost?
10. What alcoholic beverage is it considered more civilized to drink directly from the bottle instead of a glass?

8/27/2010 8:58 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

I probably won't have time to make it in to the city this weekend, but thanks for the head's up! Also, some great questions. Time to start tallying the scores....

8/27/2010 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home