8.18.2010

PBW: Stationary in Motion

My camera has been spending more time in the office than I do lately. I did play around with some different exposure and lighting settings, as well as the stitching feature that I haven’t used in a while. It made for a few interesting shots of my cluttered workspace for Photo Blog Wednesday:





One of my friends at work recently got a high end digital SLR, and has been taking phenomenal shots that put mine to shame. It will either inspire me to push myself even further, spend money on a better camera myself, or simply find a new hobby. One of the things my friend has experimented with has been kinetic shots, taken by leaving the camera on a long exposure and moving it in various ways while the subject matter remains stationary. He got some cool laser effects doing that. I tried it with my camera, and got some fuzzy shots of my room and my ceiling light:






The closest I came to my desired effect was shooting my computer monitor with the light out, so it was the sole light source, and moving my camera in various controlled arcs with a 15-second exposure. It wasn’t quite what I was going for, but still created a cool enough design for me to upload at 1024 x 768 desktop image resolution:



More experimenting with light and exposure to come in the future, when I have more time and practice....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home