8.23.2010

Phantasmic Links 8.23.10

I am so sore right now. On Saturday, I helped my folks plant about 15 trees at my dad's lot. Long story short, the guy who owns the warehouse next door allowed the fence put up by the previous owner to collapse, insisted it was ours, and refused to put up a new one after finally being moved to clean up the mess. We'd need a permit to put up our own fence, but a natural barrier is a good alternative. The digging took a surprising toll on the back and legs of a guy who runs 4-7 miles every day, but I guess bending down and using a shovel on tough soil required muscles I don't use on the treadmill. I didn't have much time to recover before playing a feast in Little Italy on Sunday, and as the skies opened and torrential rain fell when we'd barely begun the procession, I was sure we'd finish early. We ducked in the basement of the church to dry off, some guys literally ringing out their socks, when one of the society members came in yelling for the band. The rain had stopped(somewhat) and we were moving out. Four hours and a few glasses of wine later, I was glad to be on a train home. I usually defend my career whenever anyone suggests that sitting in front of a computer isn't “real work”, but it's definitely easier than some of the stuff I did this weekend. I'm just glad to be in my room again, in dry clothes, surfing for this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) The ABCs of Mediocre Marvel Villainy makes for a great illustrated alphabet, and most of those guys deserve to be on the list, though all were entertaining foes in the comics I read in my youth.

(2) It's hard to believe Summer is almost over, not that I won't miss the excessive heat as it gradually cools down, but new and returning television shows are just around the corner! What will you be watching in a few short weeks?

(3) Seabreacher is a self-proclaimed “Ultimate Diving Machine”, which is a claim that can be substantiated by the fact that this is a BOAT which looks like a SHARK. ‘nuff said.

(4) Sometimes, geeks find love. And when they do, their wedding invitations might look a little something like this.
Hat Tip: J-No.

(5) Geek Mind will measure your knowledge of video games. Are you a true gamer?

(6) Gene Gonzales is an artist with a variety of “little heroes” on his blog, including Etrigan, Martian Manhunter, and Cloak & Dagger. There's a Saturday morning cartoon in this idea just screaming to be made.

(7) These Skeletor redesigns range from sinister to cutely sinister.

(8) Hip hop albums are reimagined through comics in this gallery.

(9) Great Comics That Never Happened Annual #1 reminds me of two things, that there have been twelve of these things already, and that they are AWESOME.

(10) Blast RPG is a catapult game in which you must go the distance, but it is also an RPG in which you must level up your knight and buy weapons and spells to fight off a variety of creatures along the way.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home