11.28.2006

MCF's Perilous!

I'm sure most if not all of you are familiar with Jeopardy!, that timeless game of answers and questions. At least one person on my blogroll(that I know of) was an undefeated champion. For those of you who aren't, the rules of this game show are simple. Answers are provided, and the contestants are challenged to come up with the correct question. If they don't phrase their responses as questions, they don't get any points.

Flipping the M.C.F.A.T. inside out and adding a dash of Twenty Questions with just a pinch of Whose Line is it Anyway?, I'm proud to announce the debut of MCF's Perilous! Below, you will find 20 answers. You will have one week to come up with the corresponding questions and post them on your blogs, leaving a link to your post in the comments below. Next week, I'll reveal the questions I was thinking of, along with everyone's scores.

Yes, you've read correctly. Unlike the M.C.F.A.T., there will actually be a scoring system for this. As of right now, the points don't matter. But, if this is popular and becomes a recurring feature on my site, the points will carry over from one installment to the next. Who knows, you may even be able to redeem them for some nifty “prize” down the line. For now, you'll simply earn bragging rights over your fellow bloggers. Since this is highly subjective and there will be many correct questions for each answer, from the serious to the humorous, I'll automatically award 1 point for simply playing along and posting questions. If you choose the same question I was thinking of when I posted the answers, that will earn you 2 points. Should you forget to phrase it as a question, or even forget a question mark, I will deduct 1 point. To review:

1 pt=each question
2 pts=each question that matches MCF's
-1 pt=not posting in question form or forgetting a question mark


Will you face the perils below and attain the maximum 40 points? I can't wait to read your questions; here are the first 20 answers:

1. Howie Mandel and Gilbert Gottfried.

2. Because I was bored.

3. Polly-O string cheese.

4. Sister Christian.

5. Seinfeld; Prison Break; Joey.

6. My finger was stuck in a hole in the desk.

7. A Recorder.

8. A refrigerator box.

9. Peter, Cindy, and Dudley.

10. Jams.

11. Alcohol.

12. Goggles.

13. April.

14. Hold a pen properly.

15. Oyster Bay.

16. Iceman, Nibbler, and Megatron.

17. “This can't be a dream; there are no girls!”

18. He doesn't have one.

19. Change.

20.”Sweet Christmas!”

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger The Unseen One said...

How about bonus points for creativity in the questions? Like one bonus point to the blogger who posts the best question to a certain answer?

11/28/2006 12:56 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

I made time for this.

11/28/2006 1:11 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

hey Darrell....

ROFLMAO!

11/28/2006 2:21 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

I'm in. As usual not as funny as SouthCon though!

11/28/2006 3:10 PM  
Blogger The Unseen One said...

Okay, I'm Le Done!

11/28/2006 5:09 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I'll have to post tomorrow, but in the meantime I can't read Darrell or Scott or the Unseen One....wicked idea!

11/28/2006 9:04 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Unseen, I may consider bonus points down the line once I see what and how many answers I get. It will have to be an undisputedly good question though...

11/28/2006 11:06 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

So far all the answe... uh questions are good. I felt sure that I'd get at least one two pointer, but there's always next time.

11/29/2006 8:37 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I am so here

11/29/2006 5:11 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

Late - but I'm here!

11/30/2006 9:36 PM  
Blogger Otis said...

Here's my entry.

12/02/2006 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home