10.23.2009

The Other 44

It's funny how these sets of questions make the rounds on the internet. I've never come across the exact same set twice, and there's always a different arbitrary number, but there's a lot of overlap among the sets. Still, I think there are more new questions in this set I found at Kev Bayer's than old ones, and I think I'm in a constant state of flux like most human beings, so it's possible my answers may have changed on the ones I have seen before:

1. Do you like Blue cheese?
See? Right off the bat I know I've seen this question before. And the answer is still the same, that I've never tried it, but the description of it makes it sound unappealing.

2. Have you ever been drunk?
A few times. After one vodka-riddled karaoke party in my mid-20s that literally had me dancing in the streets of Manhattan after 2 AM, I definitely learned when to say when. Back then, I could crash at a friend's place in the city so I drank without thought of consequence. These days, knowing I'll eventually have to drive home, I try to pace out one or two beers and stop a few hours before I get behind the wheel. It's been a while since I've been drunk, and my tolerance may be slipping. Last week, after one beer with dinner and a burger with beer mixed in the steak sauce, I was a bit more forthcoming with some buddies and shared some things from my past I normally wouldn't.

3. Do you own a gun?
I own a cap gun that I got as a birthday present when I was a kid, at which point my mom hid it from me until I was older. I also had a few waterguns, and that's about it. Considering I once stapled my fingers together with an ordinary stapler, I'm probably the last person who should be handling a firearm.

4. What flavor of Kool-Aid was your favorite?
Red! Oh YEAAAAAH!!

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
Surprisingly no, at least as long as it's for a regular checkup. I probably would have been nervous that time I had massive internal bleeding, but then I was pretty sedate from the blood loss.

6. What do you think of hot dogs?
I prefer tacos.

7. Favorite Christmas movie?
Die Hard

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Milk with my cereal, and occasionally water.

9. Can you do push ups?
I haven't tried in a few years, but I remember one competition at my old gym in which I almost made it to 30, which was good for a guy who struggled to reach even 10 in high school.

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?
On me? Nothing. I used to wear a crucifix until the metal gave me a rash. And one Christmas my folks got me one of those super-Italian tight gold neck chains. I've never worn it; I'm just not that guy. On a woman, I don't really notice jewelry unless it's glaringly obvious, like oversized hoop earrings or something, and that's not a good thing. And of course I always keep an eye out for a wedding ring when I meet someone new.

11. Favorite hobby?
These days I'd say my photography, with movies and blogging not far behind.

12. Do you have A.D.D.?
I'm sure I had it when I was a kid, but they didn't have a name for it yet back in those days. Things like climbing out a 2nd story window in 4th grade because I was “bored” would certainly lend credence to the theory. I either outgrew it or learned to control it, but there are days when I struggle with it. Like I'll design an ad, check my e-mail, start to design another ad, check my e-mail again, continue my work, go back to the internet, finish the ad, check the e-mail again even though it had only been five minutes, and so on. Some days I get in a good groove and concentrate on one project for hours, while other days I can barely go five minutes before my mind wanders. I still manage to be functional and productive though, so I don't think medication or therapy are required.

13. What's your favorite shoe?
I like whatever covers my feet and could care less who makes it, as long as it's not falling apart. Even when it is, I probably wait a little too long before getting a new pair.

14. Middle name?
Joseph. Or was it Christopher? Or Wayvid? What is it this week again?

15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
I'm exhausted and I'm only on question 15?? Why do digital televisions have so much trouble getting a signal for channel 4? I'm way over my head.

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink?
Powerade, water, decaffeinated green tea.

17. Current worry?
Answering the rest of these questions by a decent time to get some sleep overshadows any other concerns, which in themselves would probably make for an entire post.

18. Current hate right now?
Political extremists and sports enthusiasts.

19. Dum da dum dummmm; What is that?
That's clearly the onomatopoeia for the Dragnet theme.

20. How did you bring in the new year?
I had some Chinese food with my folks, watched some DVDs, and tried not to think about all the snow that was accumulating outside that I'd have to deal with the next day.

21. Where would you like to go?
To bed!! Why did I think 44 questions would make for a quick post? These things always end up taking longer than my normal rambling prose! Also, someday I'd like to go to Italy, if not on my honeymoon, then after I retire and have the free time and disposable cash to do so.

22. Name three people who will complete this?
I'll be glad if I finish this.

23. Do you own slippers?
I did, so they're probably in this mess of a room somewhere, but I haven't seen them in more than a decade.

24. What color shirt are you wearing right now?
Gray. See, the nice thing about answering one of these things when it's cold outside is that you're all spared my usual answer of “skin and hair”.

25. Do you like sleeping on Satin sheets?
I reject him, and all his works. What? Oh, satin. I probably would, but I don't believe I ever have.

26. Can you whistle?
Yes.

27. Favorite color?
Red.

28. Would you be a pirate?
I can't swim, I've cut myself with the smallest of blades so a saber is a bad idea, and I wouldn't want my limbs replaced with wood. Pass.

29. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I save all my singing for in the car.

30. Favorite Girl's Name?
Reynaldo.

31. Favorite boy's name?
Spike.

32. What's in your pocket right now?
These particular sweatpants don't have pockets.

33. Last thing that made you laugh?
Treehouse of Horror XX

34. Best bed sheets as a child?
Nothing, and I mean nothing, will ever top the Transformers bed tent I had, not even if I someday get those aforementioned Satan sheets. And no, that's not me in the picture, though now I want to check old photo albums to see if I have any shots of me in mine.

35. Worst injury you've ever had as a child?
I would say landing on a broken beer bottle face first and giving myself a borderline harelip ranks at the top of a long list of childhood injuries.

36. Do you love where you live?
I must. It's been nearly 35 years, and I haven't budged. I do love the area, especially the proximity to the shore. I can't swim, but I ironically love the water. If, nay, when I finally buy my own house, I'll hopefully be able to afford one not far from here.

37. Revenge of the Nerds or Fast Times at Ridgemont High?
Fast Times. Believe it or not, I've yet to see Revenge. I think the fact that all the kids in elementary school said I was someone named ”Booger” from the film made me never want to see it. I get the same “I can't believe YOU never saw--!” incredulity for that film as I do with The Big Bang Theory. It'd be like a psychiatrist getting a hard time for never catching Frasier or a doctor who hadn't watched Scrubs. Sometimes, a person will be drawn to that which he aspires to be, and not always what he identifies with.

38. Who is your loudest friend?
Drunk Ravindra, which everyone will now probably think is his name, and not a reference to the affects of alcohol on his volume. B13 doesn't hold back in any state.

39. How many dogs do you have?
Two cats; no dogs.

40. Does someone have a crush on you?
No one ever does. And why does some form of this question always pop up? I swear these things are written by teenagers on social networks before they spread to the internet at large.

41. What is your favorite book?
I can't pick just one, so rather than go with the rote expected answer of some installment of a popular fantasy series that has made it to the big screen in the last decade, or anything by Stephen King, I'm going to go old school and list one of my first favorite books: Flat Stanley.

42. What is your favorite candy?
Kit Kat

43. Favorite Sports Team?
I Don't Care. I really DON'T.

44. What song do you want played at your funeral?
This One:

6 Comments:

Blogger kevbayer said...

Love it!

10/23/2009 9:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Reynaldo!

10/23/2009 10:50 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

I didn't even get to #2 yet... but you lied on question 1. You have tried blue cheese... with wings!

10/23/2009 1:39 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Why do I always forget about blue cheese? At least you always remind me.

10/23/2009 10:09 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

25. Do you like sleeping on Satin sheets?
I reject him, and all his works. What? Oh, satin. I probably would, but I don't believe I ever have.


Probably my most enjoyable moment chez toi

10/24/2009 2:21 AM  
Anonymous Krispy said...

I haven't done a meme in a long time, but Imma do this one.

And, yeah, the satan's sheets thing was hillarious. Put a Pearl Jam song in my head, too.

10/24/2009 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home