10.20.2009

GTFU Songs

I'm still sick. My sore throat moved on, thankfully, leaving me with watery eyes and a faucet nose. Gross. I was well enough to go to work on Monday and get some stuff done, but I ended up taking an MCF Half Day™, which meant that I left shortly after 5 and skipped the gym entirely. A two hour nap before my shows helped, and now I just have some aches and mild congestion. I hate not being 100%, and every day I skip the gym and “feed my cold” is a day I undo any progress I've made on the weight loss front. I find cardio is a good idea when I feel a cold coming on, and sometimes getting the heart pumping helps me knock it out before it hits me. But once I am sick and in a weakened state, exercise would only make things worse, and possibly lead to some respiratory problems.

I had wanted to build off of Krispy's Evergreen Hits idea at some point, and go through the songs that I'll never tire of. In a way, the following songs do fit that description. But there are plenty of slower tracks that I can also listen to over and over, and these are more specifically the ones that will get me the **** up and get me moving. I need inspiration, motivation, revolution, and a sloth solution. I need to hear this music right NOW to jump start my POW.

Pedal to the metal, feet on the pavement, nose to the grindstone, Get The **** UP:

”We're Not Gonna Take It” (Twisted Sister):


”Song 2” (Blur)



”Smells Like Teen Spirit” (Nirvana):


”Summer of ‘69” (Bryan Adams):


”Jump Around” (House of Pain):


”Fight for Your Right” (Beastie Boys):


”Bodies” (Drowning Pool):


”Because The Night” (10,000 Maniacs cover):


”Again” (Alice in Chains)


”Blackened” (Metallica):


”Bullet With Butterfly Wings” (Smashing Pumpkins):


”Once” (Pearl Jam):


”Don't Stop Believin'” (Journey):

2 Comments:

Anonymous Krispy said...

Nice List! The House of Pain vid reminded me of an Everlast song that I never got tired of ... and kinda wish it had been a bigger it so it would still get some airplay.

10/20/2009 12:54 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

If you go by NY radio, you would have thought "What It's Like" was Everlast's only song. They played that(and his solo career) into the ground.

10/20/2009 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home