10.19.2009

Phantasmic Links 10.19.09

I have had a truly miserable weekend. I awoke on Saturday with what I'd hoped was just postnasal drip from going to bed without wearing socks, but it only got worse as the day progressed and turned into a full-blown sore throat, which is the one cold symptom I cannot abide. I barely spoke all weekend, and all the fluids, ice cubes, and cough drops in the world couldn't get me into a functional state. I'm not myself when I'm ill. On the positive side, at least it happened during the weekend when I could stay home and recuperate without missing work. And it was so cold, rainy, and horrible outside on Sunday, that I didn't mind being confined. I'm still not happy; maybe some PHANTASMIC LINKS will cheer me up:

(1) As big a fan as I am of both, I somehow missed the time Samuel L. Jackson was on The Transformers. (Hilarious NSFW language)

(2) Got drunk at a party? In some cultures, an apology might come as a form letter.

(3) Submachine 6 takes you to the edge and beyond, but only if your puzzle solving skills are sharp enough to solve the challenges along the way. With five secret areas(of which I only discovered one on my first try), there's a lot to explore here.

(4) You will not believe what happens after a baby rolls off a platform into the path of an oncoming train!

(5) I wonder what wacky wedding idea the Archie folks will come up with next? That would sell some issues...

(6) Jon Favreau will not be directing the Avengers, as he focuses on continuing Iron Man, but he will be an executive producer with input.

(7) An asteroid just missed us. That's probably more common than we realize.

(8) Some old photos capture the joy of riding BMX bikes as a kid. Those were the days.

(9) That Balloon Boy was incident officially a hoax. Well they fooled me. People in the cafeteria at work were glued to the tube, and when I got back to my desk I kept checking news feeds for updates. So messed up.

(10) Looking for a snack while you game? Why not try some Metroid Cake Balls or Chocolate Dipped Cake Goombas? Who knew there was a whole site dedicated to video game cookies?


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Krispy said...

Love the video game cookies. As a devoted Sam Fisher fan I hope someone comes up with a recipe for Splinter Snaps.

10/19/2009 12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home