3.22.2007

The 44.

44 questions I found at Sean's.:

1. Were you named after anyone?
My father, and technically his father, although my grandfather's first name is the Italian version and lacks one letter.

2. When was the last time you cried?
Every couple of a years, a film will catch me off guard and leave me a wreck, disgusted at my own blubbering. When I finally saw The Color Purple about a month or so ago, that did it. Before that it was Big Fish, and before that Saving Private Ryan. Most recently, there were moments I definitely wasn't expecting in both Barnyard and Stranger Than Fiction that caused a little lump in my throat, but neither were intense enough that I couldn't hold my composure.

3. Why are you so fickle when it comes to women?
I blame comic books, soap operas, and movies. I also have an odd masochistic streak in which I'm only attracted to the 87% of women that I perceive to be out of my league, and I'm usually too shy to think of anything to say to them.

4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Pepperoni.

5. Do you have kids?
Oh, I hope not...

6. If you were another person would you be friends with you?
Absolutely. In fact, if I were another person I think I'd like me better than I do now. I'd be more forgiving of my idiosyncrasies, the way I am of others.

7. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Could I be more sarcastic? I think a lot of it is lost in the written word though, so I might not come across that way in my writing.

8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Yes, I do.

9. Would you bungee jump?
No, I would not.

10. What is your favorite cereal?
Wheaties ranks high if I have to pick just one. Kix, Cheerios, and Corn Chex would be runners-up. I rarely have a sweet cereal, but the greatest of those and a rare treat for me is Honeycomb.

11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
No, and my mother constantly asks me why I don't just wear loafers instead of sneakers.

12. Do you think you are strong?
I think I'm strong, but I don't think I'm strong enough.

13. What is your favorite ice cream?
Cookies and Cream.

14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Their face and voice.

15. Red or pink?
Red.

16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
My paralyzing lack of self-confidence.

17. Who do you miss the most?
Alive: My ex-girlfriend. Deceased: My music teacher and my Aunt.

18. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?
Black pants and bare feet.

19. What was the last thing you ate?
Ziti and turkey meatballs.

20. What are you listening to right now?
The increasingly loud hum of my computer's fan and the sound of my cat curled up on a quilt purring.

21. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Navy blue.

22. Favorite smells?
Bakeries, Ice Cream stores, pizzerias, vanilla perfume, and the salt air of the ocean.

23. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
My boss, although B13 may have actually called me after that. I can't remember for sure, so I'll go with the latter, which is a less depressing response.

24. Hair color?
About 9-10 years ago I got into an argument with a coworker who maintained that only Asian people had truly black hair, and what I considered black was really just a dark brown. I do get the occasionally brown hair in my eye brow or facial hair when I wear a goatee, and I have a single gray hair that keeps popping up, but for the most part I will continue to maintain that I have black hair.

25. Eye color?
Brown.

26. Do you wear contacts?
No. (There was no #26 on Sean's, and I found an nearly identical set lacking a #26 but adding a #45. In the end I found a few other similar sets that had this as a natural follow up to the eye question).

27. Why aren't you married?
Wait, did my mom write these questions?

28. Favorite food?
Pizza or steak.

29. Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings(Alllll right!)

30. Last movie you watched?
Stranger Than Fiction.

31. What did you dream about last night?
I'm not sure, but probably lunch or super powers.

32. What book are you reading?
The Dark Tower. Maybe I'll finally finish it this weekend; I think I only have 100 pages or so to go.

33. Summer or Winter?
Spring. But I'll take staying warm in the Winter over sweating in the Summer any day.

34. Hugs or kisses?
Kisses, please.

35. Favorite dessert?
Cookies and Cream.

36. Do you have any special talents?
Yes, I'm very special.

37. What are they?
The only thing I'm really good at with little to no effort is playing the Baritone Horn. I have to work really hard at everything else, from running to designing to drawing, so those can't really be considered natural talents, or special since there are a lot of people who are better in those areas. I do pick up computer programs pretty quickly, and I can curl my tongue, so I really don't know the answer to #27.

38. What color shirt are you wearing?
Black/Dark Brown and Caucasian.

39. When are you going to start preparing for your move back home?
A better question would be, “When am I going to move OUT?”

40. What did you watch on TV last?
Lost.

41. What is your favorite sound?
The original transformation sound from the 1984 Transformers cartoon, and suddenly #27 isn't such a mystery.

42. Rolling Stones or The Beatles?
Pearl Jam, but that's not an option so The Beatles.

43. What is the farthest you have been from home?
North: Boston, Massachusetts South: Winston-Salem North Carolina. East: Montauk Point. West: Pennsylvania. I think South is the farthest.

44. Most likely to respond to this meme?
B13 will comment, and may tackle it. Either Lorna or Darrell might try it or at least comment. It may elicit a joke from at least one of the Geekfriends™. Some will feel unworthy, but one shall rise from our ranks to light our darkest hour. A cheerleader will be saved, but the world will still be in peril. Cats will live with dogs, causing mass hysteria. On the 13th day, of the 13th month, parents will gather at an elementary school to discuss misprinted calendars. And I will make four consecutive pop culture references without any links.

Little did I know how accurate or inaccurate my predictions would prove to be....

7 Comments:

Blogger kevbayer said...

I like the referencing of #27 in answers to later questions.

You had some interesting answers too.

3/22/2007 8:52 AM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

Okay from the sound of things you were not only barefooted but also bare chested, so my first comment is ICK!!!

#3 - Ask anyway. If I were talking to my adolescent self who had the same problem (and my adult self for that matter, but since my wife pursued me {why is a good question, thanks} I got married in spite of myself) I would say it wouldn't kill you, just make you feel like crap and thus cause you to listen to good country music adn drink, which wouldn't kill you unless you got into your car and smashed into a guard rail head first at 100+ mph, so never mind continue sitting at your computer. *phew*

4. Pepperoni is not a "lunch meat" imo

11. I'm the same way.

24. Brown is the new black, so you're safe.

43. South: Winston-Salem North Carolina. If you make it down this way again I make a damn fine cuppa joe.

44. Hah!! If I gt time I'll respond to this AND Perilous! today.

3/22/2007 10:26 AM  
Blogger The Unseen One said...

#12. I myself USED to be strong. In fact, I was downright mighty. Losing weight caused me to lose a large amount of strength. Small price to pay for one's life back, though.

#24. Your coworker obviously never saw me then. My hair is jet black. I mean completely black, with even an occasional reflective blue tinge. At least it used to be before I started going grey. Don't you hate that the worst thing about ignorance is its insistence?

3/22/2007 4:09 PM  
Blogger Lyndon said...

As far as meme's go, this one was actually kind of cool. I may have to try and answer this one.

3/22/2007 5:00 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

Embarrassed, but still trying to figure out what exactly a "meme" is... (I should have asked MCF this offline) I'll comment, but 44 questions is a bit much with GRAW 2 out and all. But what the heck... I love a challenge.
1. yes
2. 9/11/2001 now I'm just angry
3. because I can
4. Sopersatta
5. no
6. yes
7. whatever
8. yes
9. yes
10. Lucky Charms
11. No
12. Sure
13. Rocky Road
14. Eyes...ROFL... ok, ok, T&A
15. Pink
16. Weight gain
17. Dad
18. Blue jeans & black sneaks
19. Pasta, turkey meatballs, grilled zucchini/squash/peppers/mushrooms
20. my computer fan... and its driving me CRAZY!
21. olive
22. roses, cotton candy, a strong pipe
23. wife
24. brown
25. brown
26. no
27. this ring and my vows say I am
28. lobster, steak & sushi
29. Scary movies
30. Last GOOD movie: 300
Last movie: Death of a President
31. long forgotten
32. Um... yeah.. uh.. hey, look over there!
33. fall
34. hugs
35. tiramisu
36. yes
37. I am a talented gamer (go ahead and laugh), photographer, and artist
38. mustard
39. already there
40. seinfeld
41. double bass drum playing really-really FAST
42. both for different reasons
43. W: San Diego, E: Maine, N: Montreal, S: Key West
44. Since it's not on my blog... no freakin' idea. But Darrell seems to like a challenge as much as I do ;)

3/22/2007 8:18 PM  
Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I can't believe I left off number 26 and nobody else noticed.

Also, I'd like to point out that while I stole this meme from someone else, I added a few random stupid questions that were meant to poke fun at myself. Those would be numbers 3 (men in my case), 27, 31, 37, and 39.

I love that other people used those!

3/22/2007 10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I've actually done a meh-me from your blog for the first time in ages.

It's here.

Cheers.

3/23/2007 12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home