7.04.2008

T.I.L.T. Things I've Learned Thursday V

I haven't let a week go by without sharing Things I've Learned Thursday! Here's the latest bit of information, useful or (mostly) otherwise:

* After years of promotional design, creating documents that look “official” can be challenging. For the sake of example, if someone were to request an itinerary, I might use a graphic like a three dimensional spiral notebook, with the itinerary printed over it and a shadow added to help it pop off the page. The key to making something “official” versus something “promotional” is to not render a graphic of a document, but simulate the document itself. It's a subtle difference, but key in my current line of work and something I'm slowly learning.

* Abigail Breslin is the new Dakota Fanning, as Freddie Highmore is the new Haley Joel Osment. With this rate of turnover, expect the new kids to be replaced sooner rather than later, and grow up to be as normal as Macaulay Culkin.

* Cynicism is hilarious. Or do I mean sarcasm?

* Fanaticism is real and scary.

* After a few weeks back at the gym, I'm finally starting to develop the legs of a Todd McFarlane character, though I still retain the torso of a Seth MacFarlane character. Some areas will need more work than others.

* The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a red zone.

* 90% of my internet page display problems, from mail links not working to embedded videos not showing, can be traced back to my Norton Internet Security. Temporarily disabling ad blocking allowed me to check my Hotmail and view videos on YouTube. After the last automatic download of virus descriptions, YouTube seems to be working normally again. Now if I can just figure out why all the text in Ginormo Sword displays with negative leading on my home computer, I'd be in business...

* I'm not the only person who thinks Julia Roberts resembles a horse when she laughs. ”Pretty” Woman indeed....

* Don S. Davis, best known for his role as Major General George Hammond on Stargate SG-1, suffered a fatal heart attack earlier this week at the too-soon age of 65. He worked as a body double for Dana Elcar on MacGyver, making SG-1 his second collaboration with Richard Dean Anderson. A fine actor and, in his spare time, a fine artist, Davis will certainly be missed.

* Technically, today is Friday. Shh, pretend not to notice...


Happy Fourth!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

Abigail Breslin is (IN NO WAY) the new Dakota Fanning.

Fanaticism is real and scary. (Ummm... HT? GAWD! LOL)

Bozo the Clown dies today too :( Boo-hoo...

Bring on the burgers and beer!

7/04/2008 12:28 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

Bozo the Clown die(d) today too :( Boo-hoo...

(I hate typos... mine included)

7/04/2008 12:29 AM  
Blogger Rhodester said...

Norton has a VERY bad rep.. you should get rid of it and run an app we've had great success with.. Avast. Google it, I guess. Haven't had a single problem with it and it seems to update its virus list several times a day.

Sad about Don Davis.. we really like him, being the SG afficianadoes we are.

7/04/2008 2:13 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

"After a few weeks back at the gym, I'm finally starting to develop the legs of a Todd McFarlane character, though I still retain the torso of a Seth MacFarlane character."

What a coincidence. Me too

7/04/2008 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home