7.21.2008

Phantasmic Links 7.21.08

Okay, you people need to save your money. I can't begin to tell you how awful The Dark Knight was. I don't even know where to begin. The explosions were deafening and the music was way too epic. Heath Ledger, may he rest in peace, clearly had no idea who The Joker should be. He's not some elemental force of chaos and sheer insanity of unknown origins, here to simultaneously amuse and terrify you. He's supposed to be campy funny, like a clown, like Cesar Romero. Failing that, he should behave exactly like a bleached Jack Nicholson, maybe even dance to some Prince music. That's who the Joker is. Then there's Maggie Gyllenhaal, certainly no Katie Holmes. Who wants a leading lady who can be competent and sexy while stepping perfectly into a role and surpassing her predecessor? Certainly not me! About the only good thing the movie had going for it was the grating rasp Christian Bale put on every time he was in costume. Hey Chris, need a cough drop for that sore throat?

I seriously can't wait to see it again. Here are this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS :

(1) Click Myclofigia and get our city to #1 so I can stop asking every week.

(2) Want to refuel your car for only $2.00? Maybe an air car is the way to go...

(3) Letterman sums up why you need to see The Dark Knight.

(4) YouTomb tracks YouTube videos removed for alleged copyright infringement.

(5) The Watchmen is definitely the next epic comic book movie I'm excited about. Superheroes notwithstanding, it's probably more accurate to call it a graphic novel movie.

(6) Meet the very model of a modern sf novelist.
Hat Tip: Curt.

(7) A skeleton is the perfect thing to make out of your old cassette tapes! Hopefully you have all those albums on CD or digital though...
H.T.: B13

(8) This is sand. Be sure to click the square in the upper left hand corner for instructions.

(9) The Oracle of Bacon calculates how many degrees any given actor is from Kevin Bacon. Finally.

(10) These 8 forgotten kid shows are sure to give you nightmares. I'm glad I don't remember any of them. That last one can't be real, can it?

(11) A wrestler makes the mistake of asking someone in the audience to throw him a chair. Everyone complies.

(12) Finally, build a Fantastic Contraption and let physics guide you to your goal!


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

Sand mesmerized me.
Bacon rules! And so does that site.
The chairs had me rollin'!
Your game finds drive me nuts.

7/21/2008 12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen TDK yet, but I was watching BB last night and the Bale Batman rasp actually bugged me a little.

7/21/2008 10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you just found out about the Oracle of Bacon. One of the first things Darrell ever showed me when we started dating 8 years ago was the Oracle of Bacon.

7/22/2008 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home