6.11.2008

PBW: Zoo Zoom



Lately, the weather's been fit for neither man nor beast, yet this week's Photo Blog Wednesday contains quite a few beasts! From Prairie Dogs to a Spider-Monkey to a Spotted Leopard to a Two-Toed Sloth to a Fossa to Peacocks to my new favorite freak of nature, the Mexican Axolotl, and more, The Staten Island Zoo offered a variety of marvelous creatures. I'd never even heard of the Axolotl before, a cartoonish four-legged fish that's the closest thing I've seen to a living Pokémon. I enjoyed my visit immensely; hopefully you'll enjoy these photos and videos:



















Finally, we’ll revisit the awesome Axolotl and greet a spectacular Peacock with a pair of desktop images:


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

WOW! Who knew that Staten Island had a zoo? Great pics!

6/11/2008 1:09 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I can now cross "Staten Island Zoo" off my list of lilttle-known fascinating places to visit

6/11/2008 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home