6.09.2008

Phantasmic Links 6.9.08

It's been an interesting weekend, but I'm actually glad it's over. On Sunday morning we arrived at the train station where we were picking up our band leader and his son, only to witness the entrance blocked by a police car just as a row of Hasidic Jews danced backwards across the street arm in arm. We had to make a u-turn, pull in the next parking lot, and call our guys' cell phone. I spotted them coming toward us and our leader stopped to give a business card to one of the people in the procession, in case they ever need an Italian festival band. We don't limit ourselves to one ethnicity.

I eyed the digital thermometer in our car as we drove in, watching it dance between 95 and 96 degrees, finally hitting 100 when we got to the zoo. It was rough, but we stuck to the shade and had a few more clouds than we did on Saturday, so we survived. On one of our breaks, we went inside one of the air conditioned buildings and I felt something tugging at my instrument. I looked down and saw a little boy had two fingers in my horn's mouthpiece. “HEY!” I said. He tugged more, almost pulling it out of my hands. “HEY! I gotta put my MOUTH on that!!!” I screamed, losing my temper and forgetting I'm supposed to be an adult. “Suhhh-reee!!!” said the little blonde brat in a not entirely sincere tone. I composed myself as the kid's father turned around, and in a calmer tone I told the boy he should ask before touching someone else's property. The father glared some more as I murmured “no harm done” and he yanked the kid away. With the same free hand that had been on my mouthpiece, I saw the kid scratching his rear. Handing my dad my instrument, I removed the mouthpiece and took it to the nearest sink and washed it vigorously. Maybe the heat got to me and I overreacted, but if I wake up with sores on my lips I'm going to be PISSED.

Otherwise, it wasn't a bad day. I'm cooling down now with every window in the house open and every fan on, and I'm going to relax now and find some PHANTASMIC LINKS :

(1) Click Myclofigia and help build our city.

(2) The internet has a party and EVERY site is there. Hilarious and dead-on accurate.
Hat Tip: Rey.

(3) Gardeners and landscapers will appreciate this: stones that grow.

(4) A video game helps a paralyzed man experience walking again. Who says they're all violent and bad for kids?
H.T.: J-No

(5) Learn your ABC's with Star Wars®; of course A is for Ackbar...

(6) In Chronotron, you control a time-traveling robot who must interact with his past selves in order to solve each level. A truly unique brain-buster that will keep your eye on the clock as you try to remember what you were doing at specific times and avoid causing a paradox...

(7) LOST scripts contain language that doesn't make it to the finished shows. WTF?!
H.T.: Sean.

(8) Who are the ten most notable people who've disappeared? Didn't Red Dwarf address one or two of these?

(9) Amazingly, I've never been TAPED, but I agree that the guy is in for some pain...

(10) This short film showcases some sweet 3D animation skills.

(11) Can you worm your way through Snakewords?

(12) Finally, see how not to react in an office environment. Videos like that remind me just how much restraint and self-control I possess, more than I realize.
Hat Tip: B13.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

That guy with the tape? That guy with all that tape in link number nine? Like, damn.

6/09/2008 1:19 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

hope your dad is doing well post-surgery, and that Mycofiglia thrives. Just build up your immunity and nasty little kids won't bother you at all.

6/09/2008 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home