11.05.2007

Phantasmic Links 11.5.07

The last 33 years are kind of a blur. One minute, it's November 4, 1974, and then suddenly about three and one third decades are behind me. Time doesn't get any slower, does it? I guess I'll have to keep writing so that when I'm 66, I'll have a reference to remind me about my life, and hope that it's not 90% PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) This first link deals with memory loss, and while the NSFW subject matter should definitely be viewed with caution, it is in itself a cautionary tale about...something...some kind of video game...something like that movie....with that Guy...who are you people?
Hat Tip: B13.

(2) The Tall Stump, part of a collection of games in a recent competition, takes you on a strange journey inside a tree stump to save your lady, who has been turned into a cube by an evil wizard. Each screen offers a new puzzle, and there are a lot of hidden surprises along the way. My only advice is to try and pick up everything, starting with the cactus on the first screen. You'll be glad you did.

(3) I have no words to describe this Fingertips video. I guess it's like surfing the internet and listening to TMBG after dropping acid, with a healthy dose of Colin Mochrie. OK, I guess I did have words to describe it...
HT: Darrell.

(4) In The Superest, artists continually draw characters to overcome the previously drawn character. It's an impressive collection, and I'm curious to find out who or what can defeat the latest champion, Overprotective Parent. That's one foe I could never beat.

(5) Enjoy an ice, cold, foamy, refreshing...symphony.
HT: B13.

(6) Someone's made a scale model of Scrooge McDuck's Money Bin. I wish it was larger so I could dive into it like a porpoise, and toss it up and let it hit me on the head.

(7) Holy s*&^! Some kids formed a No Cussing Club.

(8) Some Bad Tattoos make me wonder what people were thinking...or drinking.
HT: Darrell.

(9) Say, I wonder if there's a way to train your dog to fetch beer?

(10) Partial Gender Transplants digitally merge famous people with compatible features for some freaky hybrids.
HT: Darrell.

(11) Finally, Bug Bug in Sky Tower was the other game I played obsessively this weekend. A small sphere crashes in a tower full of platforms and puzzles, and your goal is to collect robot parts and navigate your way back to your ship. Some screens are more frustrating than others, and you'll definitely have to visit a few twice as you gain new abilities like smashing walls or jumping in mid-air.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

Ewwwww! nobody looks good merged with Rowan Atkinson!

Happy Birthday!

11/05/2007 5:08 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

I second that. Have a great one.

11/05/2007 6:48 AM  
Blogger SwanShadow said...

Thirty-three? Good grief, man... call me when you get a little experience behind you. ;)

Enjoy your day, MCF!

11/05/2007 6:41 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

fingertips is a trip...
superest is hysterical...
no cussing club? Fuk dat!
PGT never gets old :)

11/05/2007 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home